Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

We WILL win the Eurovision this year - Engelbert Humperdinck will see to that

The Italian tune is fantastic. And the boom boom boom bit is obviously a reference to the workers bomb.

The Italian tune is fantastic. And the boom boom boom bit is obviously a reference to the workers bomb.

That's a credible song and might go down well with a UK audience. In the vogue of some of the best female pop singers around with a real band instead of some sampled piece of 90s rave music that seems to pass as credible in some parts of the continent.

I thought the Italians stopped going because it was getting so ridiculous (in the land of Berlosconi TV that's a scathing inditement).

Agreed with one piece I read, who was expecting the worse from Englebert, turning up in leather trousers doing some sub Tom Jones sex bomb thing. But no its a dignified entry and he looks sharp and can still sing.

Italy 4th favourite according to oddschecker http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/tv/eurovision/winner
instead of some sampled piece of 90s rave music that seems to pass as credible in some parts of the continent.
Is that a dig at me? :hmm: ;) I genuinely enjoy the rave-ish Ukraine tune - my favourite of those that have qualified. (I dont think it uses samples though)
Agreed with one piece I read, who was expecting the worse from Englebert, turning up in leather trousers doing some sub Tom Jones sex bomb thing. But no its a dignified entry and he looks sharp and can still sing.
Dignified is a good way of putting it. I think (not 100%) that Englebert is the final song of the night, which makes sense in that it has something 'final' about it. I wasnt really joking about the lack of a drop though...it does do something at the end, but i doubt it does enough to get people really excited about it.

Didn't have you down as a eurovision fan :D

It's a competitive sport. What's not to like? Channel hopping between Azerbaijan and the kicky-ballo in Norway with the singism being the more competitive I'll wager.

First time I've heard this - definitely better than some of the pop idols we've put forward in the past, but I fear it's not memorable enough to win from 1st place (iyswim).

Also sounds like he doesn't have the breathing for it.

They're really going to make the most of these pyrotechnics aren't they :D Can't wait for a gentle love ballad to be interrupted by 10ft flames :D

OK, it was a harmless song, and some non-embarrassing dancers.
Even if he doesn't win (and he won't) it hasn't shown us up too badly.

Back
Top Bottom