Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

We WILL win the Eurovision this year - Engelbert Humperdinck will see to that

Like picking the shittest song and seeing if you can successfully masturbate before it finishes. If not, you have to proclaim NIL POIT over and over in a loud manner whilst you scrub your nipples with a brillo pad as you cry bitter tears of shame.

So you've seen Fucked Up then? Was it at that gig in Vancouver at the Cobalt where all young men were let in for free if they brought in their latex vaginas?

Good times

It is not just the one night, it is the build up over many weeks, even months and it pervades other media, the news, radio programmes, newspapers, magazines and becomes a topic of conversation. Begone I say. Let's have no more of this twaddle.

And yet you choose to expose yourself some more by engaging in a thread which is quite clearly about the event.

Beret Glen, he'd rim punk. Is an anagram of Englebert Humperdink which seems to sum it up.

I think it's ok. Best song we've had in years. I reckon we have a shot at second (after Buranovskiye Babushki, obviously).

I have not heard it yet and can't listen to it at work!!! What's it like - slow, fast, love song, drum 'n' bass, wot!???

I have not heard it yet and can't listen to it at work!!! What's it like - slow, fast, love song, drum 'n' bass, wot!???
slow. not a sad ballad and uplifting at the end (but not in a dance way). er. Oh dear, I can't remember. That doesn't bode well.

The song especially the enunciation of the words is about as mushy and cloudy as the video. I can understand the video being like that as E H is not a young man. They need to give him a microphone with a longer handle part so that his hand is not in shot when his face is. I am not sure about the bit where the camera goes around the back of his head either. If the song contest is live and not mimed to a record (is it I have no idea?) then perhaps he can practice singing the beginnings of each line more clearly. At the moment he does it like a shopping list. It's a mess.

Why am I bothering, I don't care about the damned song contest.

I really hope we dont win, we'll never hear the end of it.

They'd wheel it back out for the olympics too.

The song especially the enunciation of the words is about as mushy and cloudy as the video. I can understand the video being like that as E H is not a young man. They need to give him a microphone with a longer handle part so that his hand is not in shot when his face is. I am not sure about the bit where the camera goes around the back of his head either. If the song contest is live and not mimed to a record (is it I have no idea?) then perhaps he can practice singing the beginnings of each line more clearly. At the moment he does it like a shopping list. It's a mess.

Why am I bothering, I don't care about the damned song contest.

It draws you in, my preciousssss :D

The contest itself is live I think, well judging how off-key a couple of recent-ish UK entries have been!

Yeah it's simple, but I quite like the phrasing. Also he can actually sing, which is something we seem to have overlooked in recent years.
Shame about the key change though :rolleyes:

Yes the Baboushskas' song is lively and fun and they seem to be having a whale of a time. They will surely win.

Thanks for those links Minnie. Those ladies are fabulous. I even thought that the opening bars of their Eurovision song sounded very like "House of the Rising Sun". More power to them.

Thanks for those links Minnie. Those ladies are fabulous. I even thought that the opening bars of their Eurovision song sounded very like "House of the Rising Sun". More power to them.

I think I read somewhere that they wrote the Eurovision song :D

1st semi final on tonight at 8pm bbc3 :)

semi final 2 on thursday - final on Saturday.

semi final are better now, as thats where all the worst acts get played - usually booted out by saturday

I haven't heard it yet, but Austria's entry looks like it may be worth watching; it's by Trackshittaz and it called Woki Mit Deim Popo, which according to wikipedia translates as "Shake Your Bottom". :cool:

Back
Top Bottom