Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

We WILL win the Eurovision this year - Engelbert Humperdinck will see to that

It's quite odd to think that in tech circles working on Eurovision might be considered quite credible.
Way beyond merely credible, it's quite possibly the most advanced show of it's type on the planet.

To give you an idea - last years show had something like two thirds that exists in the entire world of the a particular type of video wall in the arena. The rig for the show takes over a month. Compare this to the biggest stadium rock show you've ever seen. That got rigged in, at most, two days.

Way beyond merely credible, it's quite possibly the most advanced show of it's type on the planet.

To give you an idea - last years show had something like two thirds that exists in the entire world of the a particular type of video wall in the arena. The rig for the show takes over a month. Compare this to the biggest stadium rock show you've ever seen. That got rigged in, at most, two days.
Muchos respect then :cool: Still love the idea of hardened techies watching it all. Hope they're discussing their favourites and having massive arguments about it :D

Top 5
Ukraine
Greece
sweden
Malta
Russia

I shall give my phone vote to Greece in the hope that my call may bring about the collapse of the international monetary system if they win.

Voted for Turkey, that performance had everything. I'm not sure I'd "get on his ship and sail it" or whatever the lyric was, but it was just utterly superb :D

My daughter just voted for Jedward...............twice.

Should they win, I will of course leave these forums until forgiven :oops:
I'm wondering if your daughter is similarly politically inclined...?
I shall give my phone vote to Greece in the hope that my call may bring about the collapse of the international monetary system if they win.
If so I think u75 may well support her actions.

Well, except for all the Irish, but, y'know, gotta be some sacrifices in the eternal struggle :hmm:

The swedish entry is always greatly overhyped, and goes on to perform mediocrely. The Italian entry was the best - I've no money on her, but it desperves to win. The Russian grannies are a novelty act, and we love novelty acts, but I remember the eastern European audience booing the Latvian Pirates a few years back.

I hate to say it but Humperdink really was struggling with that song, just didn't have the lungs :(

Oh God, I hope he hasn't got some kind of lung-related illness that I'm ignorant of :facepalm:

Do you think Russia chose them because they want to win or because they don't want to win and it's backfired massively?

The swedish entry is always greatly overhyped, and goes no to perform mediocrely. The Italian entry was the best - I've no money on her, but it desperves to win.
Well I haven't been following anything before the show, and I thought it was jolly good fun.

I haven't voted though, so not sure how much help this is to her.

Back
Top Bottom