Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

We WILL win the Eurovision this year - Engelbert Humperdinck will see to that

And yet still.... I think it's like the Spain one - you look like you're taking it seriously but it's a pretty safe bet you won't have to host the following year.

Oh god yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Turkey gives Greece top points this year.... like metaphorically pouring water onto a sinking ship....

Yes! Me too! I've genuinely been wondering!
Right, seeing as you asked :p

The stage crew have precisely 35 seconds for each changeover, due to the TV schedule. In the truss over the stage is a grid of programmable lasers that have been set in rehearsals to project down onto the stage with the outlines and a text label of everything that needs to be on stage (eg "piano", "guitar riser", "drum kit", "ice castle" etc.)

Any instrument you see on stage is being mimed, it's backing track plus a maximum of 6 live vocal mics for every act. If the instruments needed micing it just would't be possible to do such quick changeovers.

Right, seeing as you asked :p

The stage crew have precisely 35 seconds for each changeover, due to the TV schedule. In the truss over the stage is a grid of programmable lasers that have been set in rehearsals to project down onto the stage with the outlines and a text label of everything that needs to be on stage (eg "piano", "guitar riser", "drum kit", "ice castle" etc.)

Any instrument you see on stage is being mimed, it's backing track plus a maximum of 6 live vocal mics for every act. If the instruments needed micing it just would't be possible to do such quick changeovers.
he he, I had suspected about the instruments. That's pretty cool though. 35 second changeover is mental though.

It's quite odd to think that in tech circles working on Eurovision might be considered quite credible.
I don't think they're really playing those trumpets, you know.
Cynic! Oh, wait...

Dammit. My bar just killed Eurovision in favour of some local Flamenco show. All that's missing is the following politics.

I'm off out for the night. Someone PM me with the winner tomorrow please.

Oh now this is very entertaining - costumes, dancing, lyrics, I am glad I tuned in now.

We have the powwwweeeeeeerrrr!

FabSuperPow.jpg

Back
Top Bottom