Romania 25/1
Malta 50/1
France 200/1
Spain 25/1
Azerbaijan 80/1
Bosnia & Herzegovina 200/1
Germany 25/1
Lithuania 100/1

Where do European acts want to break into? Just the way they mentioned he was popular in the UK, wondering if that's some marker of success? Kinda like Brit acts trying to break the USA.

I've got a thing about Southern European pop tonight.
I'm trying to decide between Cyprus, Greece and Italy. :cool:

Where do European acts want to break into? Just the way they mentioned he was popular in the UK, wondering if that's some marker of success? Kinda like Brit acts trying to break the USA.

Maybe they just mean anywhere outside of their own countries. I'm guessing more British acts get not bad coverage in Europe than they get here. But I have no idea how well Serbian artists do in Sweden, or Italian artists do in Portugal or Germany.

Given current conditions I would have thought the last thing for Ireland and Greece to want would be a victory in the E/song thingy.
(good god a funny comment from our host after Greece got 12 points "and the Greek finance minister has just died a little inside"

I don't understand the voting
Which bit don't you understand?

They used to go through all the points, but it was taking aaaaaaages, so countries that get 1-7 points are just displayed, then they announce the countries got 8, 10 and 12 points.

It's all based on either public votes or a jury vote, depending on the country.

No, I mean the practicalities. What are the first votes about?
Hopefully explained above, but the top 10 countries in each vote get points. They just don't announce 1-7 because they have 42 countries to get through and it's now... almost 3am in the morning over there :eek:

Back
Top Bottom