Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Want but can't has thread

Wow! Surprisingly strong Urban love for the dishwasher :D

I don't have space for one as it happens, and I have been put off by the one at work, which spends most of the day filled with putrefying crockery and swills of milk and cereal that make me want to vomit in it. There's just the two of us and a cat, so I don't think we need one.

I need a cheap, light but waterproof jacket for when it's warm but pissing down. Asos and TKMaxx have a couple of (sensible) possibilities, but I'm really tempted to get this instead :oops:
No. Don't. It's quirky and therefore desirable on one level. But hideous on another level. I had an expensive super bright orange North Face anorak that I figured would be good if I fell and twisted my ankle on Snowdon, but in reality I gave it to a friend who cycled a lot in London, because it was *very* bright. And then to replace it I got a black Berghaus anorak, in 2000, so nearly two decades ago, for nearly £200. Go for the bland, boring one. They're timeless. And a better investment.

No. Don't. It's quirky and therefore desirable on one level. But hideous on another level. I had an expensive super bright orange North Face anorak that I figured would be good if I fell and twisted my ankle on Snowdon, but in reality I gave it to a friend who cycled a lot in London, because it was *very* bright. And then to replace it I got a black Berghaus anorak, in 2000, so nearly two decades ago, for nearly £200. Go for the bland, boring one. They're timeless. And a better investment.

The hideousness is part of why I like it - it's so awful it's amazing! I don't think any colour of cheap crappy <£30 raincoat really count as an investment anyway :hmm:

Last edited:
Doesn't say it's waterproof.

Yeah, even a lot of the cheaper "rain jackets" on there aren't advertised as waterproof. Or water-resistant, which would do tbh. I've found some sensible black ones anyway so I'll try whichever of those are still in stock when I've saved up.

I would really like this bag but it's £75. And I just can't afford it atm. I might treat myself to it with my first pay though. Or I could just fix my current backpack.

Anyway here is the one I want

Screenshot_2017-05-31-08-20-25-1.png

iona definitely get that jacket. I just bought a ridiculous pac mac with cats all over it :thumbs:

Gah, tried this on, cheap in sales, looks really cute on BUT.... back has a complicated fastening system which means I would actually need someone to do it up for me every time I go to the loo and also you can't wear a bra with it (big open triangle at back), and while I can get away without a bra now and then it doesn't look so great on the front without the extra padding. Day-um!

warehouse_02898624_2.jpg

Gah, tried this on, cheap in sales, looks really cute on BUT.... back has a complicated fastening system which means I would actually need someone to do it up for me every time I go to the loo and also you can't wear a bra with it (big open triangle at back), and while I can get away without a bra now and then it doesn't look so great on the front without the extra padding. Day-um!

warehouse_02898624_2.jpg
Could you try a stick on one?
The best stick on bra styles reviewed

Back
Top Bottom