Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

New coat. Opinions wanted

My ex-husband had a sheepskin jacket, it was HUGE. Very comfortingly heavy, warm and durable though. This was 80s and 90s so probably incorporated the relevant football era although he wasn't into football. If it got wet it would smell of wet sheep though, something to bear in mind. You can def carry it off TC.

I like it. I bought something vaguely similar but black for similar money and didn’t regret it. And I’m a shortarse.

I always fancied a black leather trenchcoat.

I'd wanted one for about 20 years and finally decided to buy one although I was in 2 minds about it after trying it on.

I got it home and put it on and Mrs Spy said it made me look like Gestapo Gandhi, so it went back the next day.

So disappointed. :(

Not something I'd want to wear to be honest.

Bought one of these a couple of years back and there hasn't really been a Winter cold enough to wear it as it's massively warm:

My son is two inches smaller than me so can inherit the coat.
You could always ask him what he thinks. It does look big n hit n heavy.
I saw a glorious sheepskin kaftan a day or two ago but got dragged away before I could engage with it.

Reactions: tim

I'd wanted one for about 20 years and finally decided to buy one although I was in 2 minds about it after trying it on.

I got it home and put it on and Mrs Spy said it made me look like Gestapo Gandhi, so it went back the next day.

I'd love a long black leather trenchcoat but yep, shades of Hugo Boss and Herr Gruber

I have a black pleather trench coat.....my Matrix Morpheus coat. Great for wet festivals but sadly could not protect me from torrential rain at Wilkswood Reggae festival.

It looks like leather on the outside?
So it may well be ok in showery weather.

Sheepskin coats are extremely warm. I got one in the mid 90s. I still have it. 3/4 length chocolate brown with black fuzzy wool.
It's hands down the warmest coat I own...warmer than a North Face down puffa.
It also needs very few layers underneath.
Mine unfortunately does not close on me anymore but I keep it just in case I lose 2 stone. It can of course be worn open, and I never closed it in the 90s.

I'd like another leather jacket, my last one finally died and had to go.

I haven't seen one I like since then.

It was brown leather, sheepskin cuffs, bit of a collar thing, button up with outside pockets.

Stick to a decent Gloverall.Pricey but Really warm and comfortable. Last for years. Best of all classic classy not a touch of tack.
Men.
I love Baracuta Harringtons and Raincoats can’t go wrong. Foolishly I purchased a leather Harrington a huge mistake.

Update.

They responded they have a warehouse in E14 not a shop and don’t come online only.

Looking at the various reviews on various sites trust pilot and others, some smell of ChatGPT.

There are no dimensions or specifications as to the thicknesses of materials, the weight as it were. Hard to complain later.

Mm.

Update.

They responded they have a warehouse in E14 not a shop and don’t come online only.

Looking at the various reviews on various sites trust pilot and others, some smell of ChatGPT.

There are no dimensions or specifications as to the thicknesses of materials, the weight as it were. Hard to complain later.

Mm.
Do they accept returns?

Yes indeed.
Check they don't charge for returns.

Always buy my leather jackets at Lakeland who are great quality and have good sales. I don't buy online as they have a shop in my hometown.

hash tag trying to imagine a sheepskin kaftan and not quite getting there.

Those wool-lined coats are incredibly toasty. I'm not sure you really need one unless you're up in the arctic or flying a Tiger Moth or something.

i used to have a 'shearling' leather jacket. I think that's what they're called. I fancied it made me look a bit like Julian Cope (it didn't, unsurprisingly). Anyhow, that was bloody boiling. My Stepdad took it off my hands in the end - he used to wear it driving his car when he had the roof down.

This sort of thing:

07f9db5c0767fb43c7d0c12ac6ab35e7.jpg

To be fair...if we enter an ice age, a sheepskin coat would be the penultimate best coat for staying warm...and dry.

The absolute best would be fur.... I am whispering that though...

... sheepskin flying style jacket

I had one of those too. It ended up getting eBayed as it was pretty much unwearable unless the weather dropped below about -10, which is almost never in the UK.

Also, I liked the nostalgia and style of them when I saw them worn in films but in reality, unless you're wearing them for flying or open top motoring, they actually look a bit silly around town.

Back
Top Bottom