Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommend me a winter coat

This is the problem, isn't it. What are perfectly smart and decent coats have been hijacked by right wing dickheads. Every self-respecting racist has a Chesterfield or covert coat in the wardrobe for winter. I’d only wear one formally. Casually you might as well pin a BNP badge on it too.

I didnt realise that.
What a shame that is. 🙁

Good question.Have a look at some photo's of Z list celebs to see how trendy they are.Canada Goose jackets, no doubt well made and good quality, still at risk of ripping but at £800 way outside my budget, cheapo imitations also outside my budget as I can't afford to buy something that will fall apart in a few weeks.By the way the Armor Lux pea jacket is the only jacket of that type I've ever owned, I'm definitely not a fan of the wool coat gangster/business person look.
Posey, overpriced

£93 for a new greatcoat StackPath It's a reproduction German navy coat, so it has anchors on the buttons. Epic Militaria is a big, well organised company. I've bought from them before.

navy-great-coat-black-4062-a.jpg

right, I'm after something like this in houndstooth tweed or wool. preff with buttons showing though and a ticket pocket.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

Not a skiing jacket or sports coat. A coat to wear with shirt, sweater and trousers - I have to wear one at work as I am working outside for part of the day.
This sort of thing, maybe?
View attachment 232847
I got a coat very much like this one for around the top of your budget from Reiss.

I like it, but it's the first 'wool' coat I've had and I expected it to be a little warmer than it is. Don't get me wrong, it's fine, it's my expectations that were out of whack.

Possibly at that stage of winter where I think 'Oh fuck it I'll manage with what I've got for a few more months'....I've more outdoors type coats than I could possibly wear but still want a Mountain Equipment Gore Tex Pro.

Most weatherproof coat I've got is an Arktis but it's Swedish Camo and makes me look like a prepper/serial killer.

I have one of these bad boys for the deepest of winter, but most years it isn't anywhere near cold enough to bother getting it out - it claims to be good as low as minus 50. Plus it makes you look like a minor cast member in The Thing.

I have one of these bad boys for the deepest of winter, but most years it isn't anywhere near cold enough to bother getting it out - it claims to be good as low as minus 50. Plus it makes you look like a minor cast member in The Thing.

Refrigiwear stuff is very good, warm winter coats being a definite.

It's been cold enough to wear it maybe twice in the 14 years I've owned it, other than the week-long outdoor job in Shetland in february that I bought it for.

Back
Top Bottom