Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wales v Switzerland 12/6/21 2pm ko

Wales are going to need to play better defensively against the Italians or they are going to destroyed.
First half, I thought they defended very well. Second half, it all got a bit panicky.

Going to need to hold on to possession better. That's the biggie. Thought Ramsey came more into things second-half. Wales play well when Ramsey plays well.

That’s true as well , not having a go but I thought the Swiss were the better team . Anyway honours equal.
Oh, no, didn't think you were having a go, Switzerland certainly looked more convincing, just thought it worth mentioning in general that Wales did have their chances too.

I meant to ask: why the fuck are Wales forced to play in a country with searing heat, that is a nightmare to travel to, and has just about zero interest from locals so the massive stadium is pretty much empty with namely any atmosphere?

Yeah, I know: politics and cash, right?

I meant to ask: why the fuck are Wales forced to play in a country with searing heat, that is a nightmare to travel to, and has just about zero interest from locals so the massive stadium is pretty much empty with namely any atmosphere?

Shit isn't it.

When Brussels pulled out for 'some reason' UEFA rejected the offer for games to go ahead at Cardiff (which would have been great). But yeah, politics and cash.

If only Wales had a world class stadium like Wembley. Oh wait...
Yup, said at the time, but do find it really weird that the Millennium Stadium (different name, now?) wasn't used at all in this tournament.

Can see the argument that having too many matches over this side of Europe, even more so on this wee island right at the edge of it, wouldn't be good representation, but given Wembley got extra dates when someone else pulled out (was that Brussels, Plumdaff ?) you would have thought that would have been the perfect opportunity to play some games in Wales.

In terms of who plays where, I'm honestly not sure how they figured that out. I think there was something about 'host' nations being in separate groups so they could largely play in their home nation?

Tbh, I can't decide if that's the wrong way round or not; makes it more accessible to fans who don't have to spend as much money travelling v granting massive home advantage to host nations who arguably have that opportunity because they already have the finances to fund 'tournament quality' facilities.

Yes, when Brussels pulled out Cardiff and somewhere I can't remember proposed hosting some games but they all went to Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom