Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Italy vs Wales, Sun 20th June 2021, ko 5pm

Looking at that red card again, I think it's good that they're cracking down on reckless play like that. It's the sort of thing that causes injuries. A bit unlucky perhaps, because I don't think there was intent there, but not totally unjust. In the moment, of course, I thought it was definitely no more than a yellow. ;)

Looking at that red card again, I think it's good that they're cracking down on reckless play like that. It's the sort of thing that causes injuries. A bit unlucky perhaps, because I don't think there was intent there, but not totally unjust. In the moment, of course, I thought it was definitely no more than a yellow. ;)
Yep, it was right up on his ankle. No intent, but it could have been a horrible injury.

So here we are in the second round of the Euros.

Again :D

Next for Wales is a second-round tie in Amsterdam next Saturday against Group B's runners-up, likely to be Russia, Finland or Denmark.

Having been drawn alongside Italy, Switzerland and Turkey, simply getting out of their group would be considered a success for most - but Wales' players had set that as a minimum target before the tournament.

"It's a great achievement and we just have to patch everyone up now and recover and get going again in a week's time," said Bale.

"We will always be together. That's our platform. We always stick together, we always work hard together, but we can't look past the next game and don't know who we're getting yet."

Bale and his team-mates will not be thinking that far ahead but victory in Amsterdam would take Wales back to Baku for a quarter-final.

As the 31-year-old and his team-mates demonstrated in France five years ago, anything is possible once you advance to the knockout stage.

As Page says: "Now the real stuff starts."

Great result for Wales and thoroughly deserved, I thought. They are a very good side. I'm getting more out of watching Scotland and Wales this tournament than England - they feel a bit more like how teams used to be with 2 or 3 star players and the rest valiantly supporting - Scotland and Wales that is.

So here we are in the second round of the Euros.

Again :D

Last time around we had planned our trip around the supposition we’d finish 2nd in the group. Then we only went and won the group stuffing our plans to go to Glastonbury then onto Nice.

This time I handed back my tournament tickets. My friends have still gone. Their plans are on track this time around.

Shame as I’d have had their Wembley tickets had we won the group. They wouldn’t have been able to get back into the country in time for it. 😀

Back
Top Bottom