Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wales v Denmark Saturday 26th June 5pm

Yep, even firing on all cylinders might well have got beat to some good Danish play but that was no account of themselves.
No shame in losing. No shame in conceding that first goal, which was a beautiful thing, curling inside the post. Not bad going in half time one down.

But that second goal seemed to just knock the stuffing out of them. Yes, it was a foul, no it wasn't a red card, but that's not why Wales lost. Worst defensive performance I've seen in this tournament, I think. Worse than the Russians. Worse than North Macedonia, who were at least organised. :(

Tactically just didn't have a plan B and have no idea why Page waited til 70 minutes in to make changes that were obviously needed in the first half.

Yeah, I was expecting a reorganisation at half time. But that second goal came so quickly and was such a terrible goal to give away that I think any plans just went up the chimney.

Watched extended highlights of this again this morning and a couple of things stood out to me. First of all the change by Denmark to put Christensen, normally a centre half , in midfield really shifted the balance of the game irretreviably in Denmarks favour. Secondly this Denmark tean have got both legs and stamina and also are tactically astute in finding spaces. They'll give either England or Germany a good go in the next round.

Watched extended highlights of this again this morning and a couple of things stood out to me. First of all the change by Denmark to put Christensen, normally a centre half , in midfield really shifted the balance of the game irretreviably in Denmarks favour. Secondly this Denmark tean have got both legs and stamina and also are tactically astute in finding spaces. They'll give either England or Germany a good go in the next round.
Not Netherlands or Czechia?

Back
Top Bottom