Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wales v Denmark Saturday 26th June 5pm

Yeah not a lot to say is there.

At least Joe Allen hasn't given up. He's just not good enough to carry this on his own.

To be fair to Wales, they look a lot more tired than the Danes and always have done for my money.

If you look at where they played their group games that makes sense - the Danes stayed at home in Copenhagen for all three - the Welsh were in Azerbaijan for the first two but then Rome for the last.

Now for twenty minutes of shithousery, but Wales only themselves to blame. Ponderous going forward after a brighter start.

To be fair to Wales, they look a lot more tired than the Danes and always have done for my money.

If you look at where they played their group games that makes sense - the Danes stayed at home in Copenhagen for all three - the Welsh were in Azerbaijan for the first two but then Rome for the last.
Yeah, while honestly couldn't guess at how much of an impact that had, it certainly won't have been insignificant.

Again, I was always a fan of the multiple host countries thing in principle, but Wales really have suffered for it, and you have to think it could have been executed better.

Maybe. Having a total mare of a game can take its toll, though. Wales were very bright and full of running in the first 10 minutes. Tired minds perhaps more than bodies. But no excuses really.

Yep, Danes took it out of them making things happen, after looking well matched Wales have just done less and less.

Woof.

Fair play to Denmark, they've deserved it. Huge shame for Wales, they're a better team than this suggests and deserve to have a bit more.

Oh, christ, and now a red!

Excellent performance by the Danes. But fuck me Wales just did not turn up. Good job in the group stages, but just not there today.

Back
Top Bottom