Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Denmark v Finland 12/6/21 5pm ko

Yeah, I read that too. Again, I'm honestly not sure that should make all that much difference, tbh.

But, they're playing, it is what it is.
I'm not convinced that forcing them to take the evening off when they want to play and then making them go through another match day while losing a day off is going to be much better for their mental health if that's what you're worried about.

I'm not convinced that forcing them to take the evening off when they want to play and then making them go through another match day while losing a day off is going to be much better for their mental health if that's what you're worried about.
Well, just to match your "what if": playing a match while possibly still suffering from shock, losing 0-1, at home, with one of your players missing a penalty that the teammate who almost died a couple of hours ago would have taken.

But, as I say, don't know about you but personally I'm ultimately not really qualified to say either way.

Such a weird situation. On the one hand Finnish players and fans might feel, or be seen by neutral observers, as insensitive bastards for doing their job, beating the shell-shocked Danes, and being ecstatic about winning.

But on the other hand, since they had restarted the match on the basis that thankfully Eriksen is going to be okay, and that finishing the game is probably what he wants himself, then the match should be played as they would have if the horrible event hadn’t happened.

Either way I am sure there’ll be little gloating or clashes between the two sets of fans as they exit the stadium.

Fair play to Finland, obviously the Danish team were not really in it, too shellshocked, but I'm sure nobody would have wanted the game to be a testimonial after Eriksen asked them to go ahead. If it goes ahead, it's a game of football.

I thought Finland could have done a Bielsa and let that rubbish pen in.

I'm sorry to have to other loon filth again but they are at it.

Back
Top Bottom