Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

'Vigilantes against Swine Flu Vaccine' hit Birmingham hospitals!

Oh for fuck sake Fridgey that's a total over-reaction.

If Jazzz didn't post such an unremitting stream of fucking bilge people wouldn't be taking the piss.

Are we allowed to call him a delusional, paranoid fruitloop but not put a well deserved :facepalm: in his name?

That's fucking potty.

I have no idea about the vaccine but apparently 'tamiflu' which isn't a vaccine does have an effect on your DNA.

If I feel like I have the flu, and not a cold, I'll stick to dosing myself up with paracetamol and ibuprofen and steering clear of people until I feel better.

e.g. the above, 24h

TBF I think bees made post 27 before seeing your warning in post 26, look at the times.

Also bees has just returned from a break from the boards, so would not have seen the editor's pervious warning on using :facepalm: in Jazzz's name.

My friend had the vaccine yesterday, apart from her arm swelling up there are no ill effects, shes a sensitive one and the arm swelling is slowly going down.

swine-flu-leaflet_1396557g.jpg

Ever notice how the sneezing guy looks a whole lot like...

03-scrubs-400-1603.jpg

???

nope:confused:

j:rolleyes:zzz, what's the vaccine for then iof it's not for swine flu. It must take quite a bit of money to bribe so many thousands of health professionals into keeping it a secret.

I don't quite understand the urban position on this, it seems to read like :

Swine flu isn't really all that dangerous x 10,000 :rolleyes: but get the vaccine anyway or you are an idiot (sorry, fuckwit) x 100,000 :rolleyes:

I don't quite understand the urban position on this, it seems to read like :

Swine flu isn't really all that dangerous x 10,000 :rolleyes: but get the vaccine anyway or you are an idiot (sorry, fuckwit) x 100,000 :rolleyes:

No I think the overwhelming urban zeitgeist* is that, if you are in robust health you're fine, but if you have a pre existing health condition then get the vaccine.

*yes I used the word "zeitgesit" I'll go punch myself in the face a few times.

Well the government here have stood down the threat saying it's not as bad as previously thought. Please also remember that seasonal flue kills just as many if not more people.
The true misreporting here comes from the mass media

'Vigilante' is such a good word, though I have no idea what it's doing in the original article.

But I'm always fascinated by how - what the OP terms an 'action group' - forms for this kind of protest. How did they get together, down the pub, neighbours, on that weird Internet thing . . . anyway, I digress.

Something's telling me to be a bit wary of the figures.
Your "loon-sense".
It's like The Amazing Spider Man's "spider-sense", but only switches on when you detect something you can gas off about in a conspiraloon manner.
Unless I'm much mistaken...
You usually are.
....there's no 'swabbing' or laboratory checks any more.
Besides the mandatory ones that have to be carried out daily since the last big MRSA scandal? The ones that are tested against about 100 different surface-borne infections?

el jefe posting

christ, this place really is fucked, isn't it?

Well, the whining bastard known a jazzz is responsible for that, with his cry-babying.
Personally I reckon that letting a poster get away with posting harmful loonspud bullshit is worse than ribbing the daft cunt through a smiley inserted in his name, but obviously the mods have to carry out their threats or they'll look like impotent cunts.

Oh wait....

Can't understand people's beef with Jazz to be honest. Just ignore him?
It does look like bullying sometimes on here, to be fair.

Why is it dangerous if it's loonspud shit?

I said "harmful", not "dangerous".
And it's "harmful" because it lulls people into thinking that loonspud bullshit somehow has the same validity as information gained through the application of the scientific method.
Truth is, though, that anyone can sit around and theorise in the way so many of jazzz's sources do, but if their theories don't stand up to examination via the scientific method then they're usually loonspud bullshit that can be harmful, and not (in the case of infections especially) just to people who believe this stuff.

And it's "harmful" because it lulls people into thinking that loonspud bullshit somehow has the same validity as information gained through the application of the scientific method.
Truth is, though, that anyone can sit around and theorise in the way so many of jazzz's sources do, but if their theories don't stand up to examination via the scientific method then they're usually loonspud bullshit that can be harmful, and not (in the case of infections especially) just to people who believe this stuff.
So in essence you don't trust people to make up their own minds.

To be frank, I don't give a toss what it "looks like".

He uncritically promotes unscientific crap, supports it (when able) with pseudo-scientific bollocks, and deploys a "debating" style reminiscent of a small child stuffing their fingers in their ears and chanting "la la la".
He's fair game for having his views and opinions inspected and rebutted.

Me neither. It's one of the most pointless and unpleasant things that happens on urban.

You would say "harmful", personally I'm content with listening to as broad a spectrum of opinion as possible, and then forming a view. Thanks though.

The problem with you is you insist on trying to bully people, often through stigmatisation. And that's a whole lot worse than what Jazzz does.

So in essence you don't trust people to make up their own minds.

Yes, I said that, didn't I?
Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that. :)

It isn't an issue of trust. It's about people being deceived by the presentation of pseudo-science as science. Ever looked at the way a lot of this stuff is presented? Just like academic papers: footnotes, citations, the works, so people "buy" it.
Look beyond the surface and a lot of the citations are either the author referencing their own previous work, or referencing like-minded people. Very little referencing of properly peer-reviewed material.
What I don't trust is people who're happy to go to such lengths to deceive Joe and Josephine Public to promote their agenda(s).

Sorry if that's a bit rational and non-new age for you, but there it is.

Yes, I said that, didn't I?
Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that. :)

It isn't an issue of trust. It's about people being deceived by the presentation of pseudo-science as science. Ever looked at the way a lot of this stuff is presented? Just like academic papers: footnotes, citations, the works, so people "buy" it.
Look beyond the surface and a lot of the citations are either the author referencing their own previous work, or referencing like-minded people. Very little referencing of properly peer-reviewed material.
What I don't trust is people who're happy to go to such lengths to deceive Joe and Josephine Public to promote their agenda(s).

Sorry if that's a bit rational and non-new age for you, but there it is.
That just makes you an unquestioning supporter of current thinking. Like it won't change in 3 or 5 years - doh! you know what, that stuff we published a couple of years ago, well . . . we may have been a little off the mark. Never happens. Much.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the views of contrarians and sceptics that critical thinking and experience doesn't answer.

Back
Top Bottom