Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vaccine trials

I think anyone’s experience is likely to be very individual to them and the particular trial.
Phase 1 is often just safety but for a vaccine they’ll be after some immune response indicators etc.
Have they given you any info on this?

Should say that this is by the same people who did the Oxford AZ vaccine but for a different virus.

I think anyone’s experience is likely to be very individual to them and the particular trial.
Phase 1 is often just safety but for a vaccine they’ll be after some immune response indicators etc.
Have they given you any info on this?
They've given me a participant information sheet detailing what they are studying, possible side effects and contraindications etc. I'm trying to be deliberately vague here!

Might as well say it's actually the Ebola vaccine trial - for 2 different ebola viruses at the same time.

My totally uninformed opinion is that I would expect a reaction broadly similar to the AZ Covid vaccine.

The fact that the Pfizer vaccine reactions were milder suggests to me that most of the reaction may be from the adenovirus - iirc it takes a bit longer for the body to start cranking through the mRNA, generating the antigens and also associated immunity.

My totally uninformed opinion is that I would expect a reaction broadly similar to the AZ Covid vaccine.

The fact that the Pfizer vaccine reactions were milder suggests to me that most of the reaction may be from the adenovirus - iirc it takes a bit longer for the body to start cranking through the mRNA, generating the antigens and also associated immunity.

Should I be worried about blood clots etc? I generally don't get reactions to vaccines - mine were all Pfizer

They were saying on TWIV that they could easily hack the offending bit out of the vector - and should because it's such useful tech.

I'm tempted myself just so I could scare the crap out of antivaxers :D

They were saying on TWIV that they could easily hack the offendind bit out of the vector.

I'm tempted myself just so I could scare the crap out of antivaxers :D
Ooh is this discussed in the latest episode? Not listened yet. Supposedly they don't expose you to the actual ebola virus though.

frogwoman - do you have the study protocol number to hand?

(being a bit dim and it took a while to occur to me that it might be something I’m working on, or soon to be working on, so we might need to terminate this conversation)

Should I be worried about blood clots etc? I generally don't get reactions to vaccines - mine were all Pfizer

That's not a question people on here will be able to (not should they try) to answer I expect. The clinical trials team will gve you all the info.

Back
Top Bottom