Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2012

Trump going mental on twitter, declaring the Electoral College is a sham - don't remember him saying that when Bush beat Gore but lost on the popular vote.

Recreational Marijuana use voted in in Colorado and somewhere else! :D
In fact I believe Colorado has voted to leaglise posession etc full stop, Massachusetts for medicinal use, meaning the whole of New England is now for medicinal use weed

Donald Trump is calling for revolution on twitter. Say what you like about Obama, but a Dem win sure does make them Republicans easy to laugh at with their hysterical responses.

Trump going mental on twitter, declaring the Electoral College is a sham - don't remember him saying that when Bush beat Gore but lost on the popular vote.
Obama is going to win the popular vote btw. Around 200,000 behind atm but will finish ahead

Trump's beef is probably that he applied to the Electoral College for Obama's academic records, but they ignored him and covered it up.

Thing is, Romney probably isn't that bad a bloke. Left to his own devices, my guess is centre right moderate, with a (relatively) liberal social view- Mormon way seems to be that gay marriage, abortion etc isn't for them, but they don't go in for judging others- but he has been totally ripped apart over the last year, and backed into some weird corner by the teabaggers and his dysfunctional party. All to try and live up to his dad. Very sad in lots of ways. I hope the polarising of debate ends now, but suspect it won't

The Fox link I'm listening to has just said, "This is not a mandate. Even if Obama turns it around and ends up with the popular vote, it still won't be a majority."

Florida count has now slowed to a crawl. Looks like the bulk of the votes left are in Miami Dade where polls closed late so I'm cautiously putting Florida in the Obama column

Romney is actually now ahead in Ohio but with half of Cuyahoga County (Cleveland basically) still to come in and that's gonna swamp the Romney lead

I'm gonna call Virginia for Obama now, his lead is steadily growing there

So how long before Romney concedes then? I reckon Obama will stay hidden until Romney concedes. Probably. But Romney ain't the kinda guy who would concede. I expect he and his team are consulting a flock of lawyers (a pride of lawyers?), with furrowed brows and notepads scrawled with ingenious ways of re-representing the maths to shut this whole Obama thing down.

I think the custom is the loser concedes, then the winner speaks - Romney hidden away at the moment (sulking) could be a while until he concedes

My grandparents met and married in Ohio, I'm always pleased when it does the sensible thing :)

My grandparents met and married in Ohio, I'm always pleased when it does the sensible thing :)

do they sing that song "Oh why, oh why, oh why-o, did I ever leave Ohio?" :D
a grandma I know does, and it makes her granddaughters giggle like crazy.

Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
House of Representatives shouldn't give anything to Obama unless he terminates Obamacare.

4:54 AM - 7 Nov 12 · Details
20m Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
Hopefully the House of Representatives can hold our country together for four more years...stay strong and never give up!

Expand
22m Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
The electoral college is a disaster for a democracy.

Expand
24m Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
Our nation is a once great nation divided!

Expand
28m Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
Our country is now in serious and unprecedented trouble...like never before.

Expand
34m Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
This election is a total sham and a travesty. We are not a democracy!

Expand
36m Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
Lets fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice! The world is laughing at us.

Expand
38m Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
We can't let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!

Expand
49m Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump
Well, back to the drawing board!

Trump calling for revolution - lol

jesus, it's tough to find individual state election results! (besides the main categories)

just found out we also legalized physician assisted suicide here in Mass. I'm not going to say "yay!" but I think this is good.
Guardian website is good for individual states- you can click through by state

jesus, it's tough to find individual state election results! (besides the main categories)

just found out we also legalized physician assisted suicide here in Mass. I'm not going to say "yay!" but I think this is good.

Death panels :(

(But seriously, yes, that is good, and surprising... to me anyway, wasn't aware it was really a thing being pushed for.)

do they sing that song "Oh why, oh why, oh why-o, did I ever leave Ohio?" :D
a grandma I know does, and it makes her granddaughters giggle like crazy.
If there's an afterlife they may well do :D He was from London, she was from Ontario. They met whilst serving in Ohio in the war. He always told a story about giving up his seat on a bus to a black woman and being howled down by everyone else on the bus :( (but :) for him for being a non-racist gent)

Looks like the Dems may have the North Dakota Senate seat and Obama's leads in Florida and Virginia are growing.

Just Alaska left for Romney then

Back
Top Bottom