Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban75 Album of the Year 2020

Generally described as ESG influenced post punk funk Sink Ya teeth are far more than that . Very strong album .

I've got 23 in my list, and I don't want to kick any of them out. :hmm:
I've got 19 I've awarded an 1 or B+ to. Have to decide whether to go through all the B's and make a choice or go through some of the many mentioned I haven't been able to listen to yet to find one cracker.

Submitted my 20ish mainstream rock and pop to fuck with your lists. Or maybe it won’t. Or maybe I’ll surprise myself.

Ive remembered a couple more jazzy ones - time warp this year
Tony Allen & Hugh Masekela - We've Landed // Shabaka And The Ancestors ‎– We Are Sent Here By History

Interesting, interesting....

Just done a run through, hoping to get a head start on the hilarious commentaries I'll have to do for the weird and wonderful selections we choose. There's a few interesting strong showers, some surprising omissions or barely mentioneds and absolutely no clear leader at all I can see.

All to play for, get them in.

I've got too long a longlist and too much work on to refine it before the deadline, so I guess I'm going to spectate this time round.

Lack of a clear leader would reflect my feeling that it's been a strong year generally but without any runaway stand-out winners.

I'm out of the loop and can only recommend two this year, but that not fair.

So if you have two spaces in your list can you put these two albums in please?

Bob Vylan - We Live Here
The Chats - High Risk Behaviour.

Have a track from each.

And the best haircut in music

A leader seems to be emerging in as unruly a way as a Tory leadership contest.

keep them coming in, you know you’ll regret it if you don’t

Whack in the top ten or whatever that you think are just brilliant. Your rankings won’t be perfect, but whose ever are? After the top three (at the latest) loads of mine could swap positions.

If you've got a perfect list then you've been doing nothing all year except listen to albums coming out.

I rarely do these lists of the year, but I'm having a go this year. Listened to about a hundred albums now (which is a tiny amount really) and there's a very high proportion of good so far.

If I did a bottom ten worst albums that I've listened to from 2020, then the Soft Pink Truth would be in there. Not that it's bad just overrated and I'm just not finding any rubbish this year.

If I did a bottom ten worst albums that I've listened to from 2020, then the Soft Pink Truth would be in there. Not that it's bad just overrated and I'm just not finding any rubbish this year.
Oh, I thought it was just OK - just going on what I've seen enthusiasm for.

Back
Top Bottom