Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

up the arse! arsenal 2018/19 news gossip unfounded rumour etc

From the BBC
Reports of Arsenal bid for Barcelona forward Ousmane Dembele false. As previously reported incoming business completed a month ago. Were open to exceptional deal if chance arose (admire and have links to Dembele) but never realistic. #AFC optimistic on Ramsey contract but not close

_103364403_emery.jpg

View attachment 146847View attachment 146847 At first glance, I thought WTF is Emery doing meeting the Dalai Lama :facepalm:

Torreira and Guendouzzi can be our new Vieira and Gilberto. Strikers looked good too.
On the downside, Emery needs to face the fact that a 36 year old keeper is to long in the tooth to learn new tricks - and to give Leno an extended run out

Mostly good tonight, the defence looks a crucial bit less like falling apart under 5 minutes of pressure, And Lac is really beginning to look like he might be worth £50m.
Brentford, credit where it is due, played football that was way above a championship side

Glad I got off my fat arse and went down the pub to watch that one. I thought we might snatch a win but well chuffed that we managed to get the goal difference to go above the spuds. Sneaking up without being part of the discussion. :D

Eight wins from eight is an impressive stat, not bad for a manager and team who many claimed needed time to evolve.

Eight wins from eight is an impressive stat, not bad for a manager and team who many claimed needed time to evolve.
I'm pretty sure it's 9 now.
As for the game, - wow. Just wow.
All told, that second half was the best I've seen Arsenal play in a long, long time.
OK, it was against the EPL's most abject defence, but even so, there are so many positives to take from it.
Our two strikers are in simply lethal form. Torreira already looks like the DM we have needed for so long, Mkhitairyan and Ozil look like they can create chances for the strikers all day long.
Iwobi looks like a man transformed from last years version - even Mustafi had a terrific game!
People will point out that Arsenal have beaten nothing much in this run, but they've wrong.
They've beaten 6 EPL sides and 2 teams good enough to qualify for the group stages of the Europa League.

Bloody international breaks always seem to come at the wrong time. Just watched the highlights on MOTD2 and was almost as good as the live version. I am a bit more pissed though. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom