Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, Feb 2022 - tangentially related crap

Can’t find the tweet I saw, but this is similar. They’ve been doing this to a lot of war cemeteries, many of which were hastily created as muddy fields with wooden crosses, now concrete with pyramid grave markers.

Thanks.

I'd like to think it's true but I would question the timing (the morning after Prigozhin's death) with the case I posted above. At best it's insensitive, at worst symbolic. We'll see what happens at the Nikolayevka site. I am happy to see surplus "Dragons' Teeth" are being upcycled and repurposed though.

"Though they are on opposite sides of the struggle, both captains are really very much alike, the Romulan ship finally succumbs and its commander admits that in another reality, Kirk could have been his friend"

Meanwhile, in an alternative reality two Russian astronauts and an American astronaut travel on the same rocket to arrive at the International Space Station

Huge story IMO...huge in the sense of impact, not huge in terms of coverage of course

“The premise is that we have to save Ukraine, we have to save this frontier of democracy on the eastern perimeter of Europe,” said Rafiq. “And then this brown Asian country has to pay the price. So they can be a dictatorship, their people can be denied the freedoms that every other celebrity in this country is saying we need to support Ukraine for — the ability to choose our leaders, ability to have civic freedoms, the rule of law, all these sorts of things that may differentiate many European countries and consolidated democracies from Russia.”

Presumably this is what acutally happened, despite US denial, even a thing I heard on the BBC recently basically suggested Khan had been deposed with US collusion
??

Some details about the unexplained deaths of 2 foreign fighters on here from about 7 minutes 30 seconds onwards The39thStep. You mentioned it on another thread, but can't find which one so stuck it here.

Sounds most likely is internal foreign volunteer scores/feuds playing out, which tbh isn't surprising given some of the loons that have gone there.

Bloody hell: "In May, Kyiv had to apologise for celebrating a fire in a Russian gas station by lampooning Goddess Kali as the 50s Hollywood Siren Marlyn Monroe."

I wonder what they mean by "Kyiv." Sounds like a little bit of a euphemism. Did the whole population chant "sorry" in unison?

To convey the scale of destruction that Russia’s invasion of Ukraine has caused to animals, plants, and ecosystems, analysts frequently use national-scale maps, aggregate figures, and the concept of ecocide. Although necessary, these moves risk portraying Ukraine exclusively as a zone of catastrophe, while obscuring the character of on-the-ground socioecological. This article enlarges the space for environmental narratives about war between catastrophe, heroism, and resilience by describing interspecies encounters along Odesa’s Black Sea Coast, in the Askania-Nova Biosphere Reserve, and in the Kharkiv Region.
Inspired by the solemn but not catastrophizing narrative of Natalia Shevchenko’s 2023 documentary film Water, Land, Fire, I seek to enlarge the space for environmental narratives between catastrophe and heroism. We need narratives that simultaneously recognize fragility and strength, ingenuity and futility, and indifference and mutuality in interspecies relations—relations that could be ruptured by a Russian missile, bomb, bullet, or mine before those involved take their next breath.

The snitching boom in Russia

Again, the subject matter was initially reported much earlier this time last year. It supposedly stemmed from March 16th 2022 when Putin called for a "natural and necessary self-cleansing of society” and said that Russians “will always be able to distinguish patriots from scum and traitors and to spit them out like a fly that accidentally flew into their mouths."

This isn't a criticism of your post btw more of the media when there is little to report on in terms of great victories or big weapons etc

Very soon, people will begin denying that they ever supported this war. We should not let them get away with it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Who is "we" and what on earth are you talking about?

Nobody here supports the war that Putin started.

I mean the politicians in the UK and the USA. Those who supported and funded the war will soon be trying to deny (or at least to forget) their responsibility, once they see that the war is lost and their plots have come to nothing. No-one will want to be associated with Zelensky and, if they can, they'll deny ever having met him. The British and American public should not allow them to get away with it.

Last edited:
I mean the politicians in the UK and the USA. Those who supported and funded the war will soon be trying to deny (or at least to forget) their responsibility, once they see that the war is lost and their plots have come to nothing. The British and American public should not allow them to get away with it.

Am cynical of the war industry at the best of times, but is the answer to just leave the people of Ukraine to their fate?

Or do you mean when Russia loses?

Am cynical of the war industry at the best of times, but is the answer to just leave the people of Ukraine to their fate?

Or do you mean when Russia loses?

No, I mean when Russia wins. Which will be soon. So it's almost time for opportunistic Western politicians to ditch Zelensky and all who sail in him, or risk going down with the ship.

No, I mean when Russia wins. Which will be soon. So it's almost time for opportunistic Western politicians to ditch Zelensky and all who sail him, or risk going down with the ship.
So, leave the people of Ukraine to their fate is your answer.

Unless, like the US in its Vietnam misadventures, Russia gets its arse kicked.

No, I mean when Russia wins. Which will be soon. So it's almost time for opportunistic Western politicians to ditch Zelensky and all who sail in him, or risk going down with the ship

if Russia win this they be on the door of the NATO members and the next war will be imminent

you total clown

Back
Top Bottom