Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, Feb 2022 - tangentially related crap

Roger Waters is all a bit yeh but wrt the conflict.

FWIW, The floyd were dead and buried to me by the time the wall came out.
I don't much care for the later, 'activist' Roger Waters, but his earlier grinding pessimism was great. There's a man after my own heart...

I'm not over-fond of PF, but Animals and The Final Cut tell it like it is.

And whatever he says about anything else, it's important to have dissenting, critical voices about the war in Ukraine. Even if it will culminate in a last track on The Final Cut way...

aye doom for the whole word as Putin is do an 80s remix ...

hmm after 13 months of this really

about as useful as russian built civilian shelters

does that not appear like public preception inside Russia is going south :hmm

I don't agree with him, but I like it that he hasn't gone down the establishment lackey road.

Showing the true spirit of rock n'roll, man.
Don't be so coy. We all know you agree with him.
As for lackeydom, isn't turning up at the UN as a representative of a government just the sort of thing lackeys do?

Don't be so coy. We all know you agree with him.
As for lackeydom, isn't turning up at the UN as a representative of a government just the sort of thing lackeys do?
Second-guess all you like. All I can see is that he says what he wants instead of what he's told or pressured to think like so many others who are keen to fall in line with the mindless, media-driven consensus.

Well if he is it still makes a refreshing change and adds to the vibrant exchange of opinions.

He's hardly the first lackey on the scene is he? We already have: Galloway, Williamson, Tucker Carlson, Pilger, Grimes and many others. None of whom are particularly refreshing or have particularly vibrant opinions to exchange.

He's hardly the first lackey on the scene is he? We already have: Galloway, Williamson, Tucker Carlson, Pilger, Grimes and many others. None of whom are particularly refreshing or have particularly vibrant opinions to exchange.
The problem with that lot is their monopoly of the media. You can't turn the telly on these days without being harangued by a de-facto Putin apologist.

Second-guess all you like. All I can see is that he says what he wants instead of what he's told or pressured to think like so many others who are keen to fall in line with the mindless, media-driven consensus.

What a sad state of affairs that you're defending him on that absurd level. You just missed out saying MSM and globalist elites.

The problem with that lot is their monopoly of the media. You can't turn the telly on these days without being harangued by a de-facto Putin apologist.
i never turn on the telly, so I'm not in position to comment

Do you not find it odd that those who think they don't think the same as others think the same as all the others who think that they don't think the as others?
I find it weird that so many people can't seem to tolerate opinions they don't approve of.

Especially people with quite a few decades under their belts, who really should have learned by now that the world isn't merely an extension of them.

I find it weird that so many people can't seem to tolerate opinions they don't approve of.

Especially people with quite a few decades under their belts, who really should have learned by now that the world isn't merely an extension of them.
So get used to it.

people have different view points RD2023 but people view tend to grow over the years and months

with this subject its gone from people being deeply afraid to a bit more indifferent about

suppose it was the same way during the cold war as well with similar events going on

tbf happy most people are less worried about it now than when its started

seeming as the guy who cannot get his military to function at a competent manner at all
and has resorted to pull conscripts up whilst trying to say this is the main thrust of the war

whilst still claiming to nuke us all out of existence every other day

you get indifferent to it and some poeple who keep bring out the "angry russian bear" in the room

with this subject its gone from people being deeply afraid to a bit more indifferent about

suppose it was the same way during the cold war as well with similar events going on

tbf happy most people are less worried about it now than when its started

seeming as the guy who cannot get his military to function at a competent manner at all
and has resorted to pull conscripts up whilst trying to say this is the main thrust of the war

whilst still claiming to nuke us all out of existence every other day

you get indifferent to it and some poeple who keep bring out the "angry russian bear" in the room
As for the rest, I don't get the relevance to what's been said in the posts immediately above.

A Latvian delegate at the OSCE parliamentary assembly in Vienna stood up and spoke out against having Russian delegates present.
At the end of the tirade he quoted the Snake Island border guards to them.

A Russian delegate then opposed what he said, during which a bunch of delegates from multiple countries got up and left the room.

Rihards Kols the Latvian MP at OSCE

Russian response and delegates leaving

Back
Top Bottom