Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommendation Twitter Alternatives

I've migrated one account to bluesky now, my "history" one, and surprised to find just how many people have moved over there now. I think it's close to reaching a critical mass as far as some niche areas go. I expect X will remain the main platform for gobshites and arguing the toss.

I've migrated one account to bluesky now, my "history" one, and surprised to find just how many people have moved over there now. I think it's close to reaching a critical mass as far as some niche areas go. I expect X will remain the main platform for gobshites and arguing the toss.

Yes, a lot of the milhist crowd are making an effort on bluesky now, I'm on there more often. My aging ravedad friends are moving over there as well. People are actually posting.

Last edited:
:weed:

As far as Facebook goes I dunno if I've just managed to curate my own personal hell.. but only about 20% of content is from "Friends" while the rest is aload of vaguely interesting but irrelevant stuff from various groups I joined at some point.. most of my contacts it never shows anything from. Completely weird. :beardy:

:weed:

As far as Facebook goes I dunno if I've just managed to curate my own personal hell
.. but only about 20% of content is from "Friends" while the rest is aload of vaguely interesting but irrelevant stuff from various groups I joined at some point.. most of my contacts it never shows anything from. Completely weird. :beardy:
No, that's just Facebook.

I only really use it for local community stuff and, even then, it takes an age to trawl through the dross to find relevant info.

with the news today that space karen has let 'tommy robinson' back on twitter today, is now a good time to offer blooksi codes again?

whilst we're on about Tweeter

what's the easiest way of nuking all your posts, reposts and likes? without paying preferably.

i dunno if just deleting the account is the way to go and if that would achieve the above (would it?)

Fuck, sign up's loads easier and more logical than mastodon

I'm up to user lists - what are user lists?

I really hope that one of these alternatives takes off.

A few months ago, an alt-right antivax conspiracy theorist with nigh on a million followers made an approach to me on Twitter. He wanted to buy the handle which I had registered in 2015 and barely used, because it matched his blog page. I was torn between avarice and a strong sense that it would be morally unjustifiable to do anything to help this man spread poisonous nonsense. To solve this dilemma, I insisted on a price which was three times his astonishingly generous initial offer, which he amazed me further by accepting and paying in full.

If another platform becomes the microblogging platform of record, my conscience is clear, and the story is merely one of a dupe duped. But if X survives Musk, and the alt-rightist’s influence grows, I will need to atone somehow.

Back
Top Bottom