Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are you leaving Twitter?

I've been on twitter for a few months but I follow a handful of game developer official twitter accounts, a bird-watching colleague, Thames21, NASA, and a couple of archaeology publications... that's it.

So my twitter looks like DLC announcements, bird photos, "we were on telly again talking about wet wipe pollution" excitement, astronauts and rockets, and stuff about digs and ancient cultures.

If I actually used it for anything else I'd move to another platform, but I don't so kind of lack impetus. Fucking hate Musk though and what he's doing to his employees is fucking criminal (or ought to be).

Now Husk is demanding the remaining Twitter staff must be in the office 40+ hours per week or GTFO, because nothing encourages people to come in to your workplace and not resign like firing half your staff and telling the other half you don't trust them and think they're lazy.

I've always hated Twitter as much as I hate Facebook, but as it has its uses for spreading the word/sharing content, I'll keep on using it for as long as it's productive.

My anti-paywall measures aren't working on this one. Bypass Paywalls has no effect and Reader Mode only gives two paragraphs.
Archive version works fine:
The billionaire recently cut half of Twitter’s staff and introduced dramatic changes to its subscription rules. On Thursday, the changes resulted in multiple major advertisers getting impersonated by accounts with blue check marks, indicating verification.

Earlier Thursday, Twitter’s chief information security officer, chief privacy officer and chief compliance officer departed, raising concerns about the company’s ability to keep its platform secure and comply with regulatory rules. Twitter is currently bound by a consent decree with the Federal Trade Commission that regulates how the company handles user data, and could be subject to fines for violations.

Back
Top Bottom