Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are you leaving Twitter?

Have you switched to only view latest tweets? It's the star symbol in the top right of the app and makes it so you only see tweets from people you follow.

I swear most of the stuff people complain about on twitter is because they haven't done that.
Agreed.

The more I’ve read about how Twitter is being run, the more I don’t like it. I have, therefore, deactivated my account today.

I heard today that amongst other staff, Musk has sacked the entire accessibility team.

I'm actually gonna check out Mastodon as 1, I'm curious and 2, part of my job is advising on tech accessibility, - we may well get asked about it.

That’s handy, thanks. But I think really if Mastadon is to come into its own, a different style and content of discourse of its own needs to develop. (It does have that to a degree, but it won’t if it becomes mirror Twitter).
Oh absolutely, It has a much more human vibe currently, how long that lasts? No idea but I hope it's indicative of the culture being built. This tool really is best for those who share content like links or reasonable stuff not shit posting imo...

"Twitter Blue is only available on iOS at this time."

Wonder what is holding the web and Android teams back.

I hate it but there is also nowhere else as good for getting immediate reactions, and funny shit, to events as they happen. sport, news, politics whatever. but I certainly won't be paying. and would love it if something better would replace it but not holding out much hope.

Back
Top Bottom