Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Are you leaving Twitter?

Apparently likes are private now, but I don’t even know what that means

You can no longer see on anyone else's profile what they have 'liked' and use that as basis for a pile-on, or turfing them out of the labour party, or identifying that they have a history of liking posts by fascists, or whatever

You can no longer see on anyone else's profile what they have 'liked' and use that as basis for a pile-on, or turfing them out of the labour party, or identifying that they have a history of liking posts by fascists, or whatever
Ah, can’t say I’ve ever done that myself.

It’s a shit way for Musk to say “hey look, more people are liking/engaging, so give me more ad money”, because bigots will no longer have to justify their support for cunts as nobody will know.

Reports that there has been a big data breach on tweeter.

Changing passwords and being careful of anything that comes in on the e-mail address you use for it are recommended

more here.

I’ve just asked for my archive and will delete my account once that’s downloaded.
Threads is looking like the frontrunner for alternatives. Am I right to assume this?
Possibly. I don’t use that either but I see it forced on me on instagram - sadly I think Threads has a lot of the same shite as Twitter now. Not as bad but far from perfect. It’s just built in to social media unfortunately.

Possibly. I don’t use that either but I see it forced on me on instagram - sadly I think Threads has a lot of the same shite as Twitter now. Not as bad but far from perfect. It’s just built in to social media unfortunately.
I have not seen one post on there yet to confirm this. It’s all ADHD and screenwriters in my feed. Not seen any hate, nor any misinformation.

I’ve used threads for a year now, the culture is trolls tend to be blocked rather than engaged with, theres also a ‘hide post for all’ feature meaning if someone trolls your thread you can hide it and no one sees it. It’s chill. I just wish some more journalists/writers came over, I think some folks enjoy flame wars but not me.

dunno really.

i've never really had any bother on tweeter, i'm fairly selective who i follow, and i use the 'following' not the 'for you' so don't get any crap.

but the last week has made me even less comfortable at the idea of being on there at all.

i'm on blooksi* but there's only a few people on there that i follow, and things like updates from local bus / train operators, local council, and other organisations i want to get info from all haven't moved across. mastodon was similar only even less so.

don't want to do threads as that's part of farcebook.

blargh.

* - courtesy of Orang Utan

Last edited:
As for what tipped me over eventually - an accumulation of aaarggh and eunggh.
It’s weird seeing a real situation I have direct knowledge of being described in the way I’ve seen it described on social media, as it is happening.
And while that may be disconcerting enough, seeing the CEO of Xitter deliberately exacerbating such a situation that he’d already massivle enabled, by describing at as a ‘civil war’, is just too much cognitive dissonance. I hope this proves to be the last straw for Musk and something very bad happens to him soon.
Twitter/TikTok has become The Matrix.
Though Agent Smith would never go on Joe Rogan and smoke a blunt.

Back
Top Bottom