Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender is it just me that is totally perplexed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mentioned a male assailant. A female suspect was arrested.

http://news.met.police.uk/news/appeal-following-assault-in-hyde-park-270076

A 60-year-old-woman was attacked by the three suspects at a gender recognition talk that was taking place at the location. The victim had been filming when one of the suspects approached her and attempted to snatch her camera and memory card. An altercation ensued resulting in the victim being punched in the face by a male suspect, before being knocked to the ground where she was kicked a number of times.

It seems pretty likely that a property developer going by "doctor radfem" with form for pretty unpleasant, not close to reasoned, social media output - *might* have been at the meeting for nefarious purposes.

Or are we supposed to pretend that cis women/natal females are incapable of being arseholes? Because that feels a lot like patriarchal bollocks to me.

So, women who express views you disagree with or find troublesome should just shut up, and if they don't shut up voluntarily then ejecting them from a space where they have a paid-up right to be is a suitable response? Ok, just so we know where we're at now then.

Have you looked into DR Radfem a bit more since posting that tweet of hers? I hadn't heard of her before but am seriously put off by some of her other tweets as detailed here. How is that shit helping have the conversation at all? Doesn't it seem similarly polarised and unhelpful to you?

I also have a few concerns that all this anti-trans rhetoric is being called radical feminism all the way around... if that continues it will be impossible to be a rad fem without being labled a transphobe because we are letting actual transphobes hijack all there CAN be said in this discussion.

Have you looked into DR Radfem a bit more since posting that tweet of hers? I hadn't heard of her before but am seriously put off by some of her other tweets as detailed here. How is that shit helping have the conversation at all? Doesn't it seem similarly polarised and unhelpful to you?

I also have a few concerns that all this anti-trans rhetoric is being called radical feminism all the way around... if that continues it will be impossible to be a rad fem without being labled a transphobe because we are letting actual transphobes hijack all there CAN be said in this discussion.
Well on that basis, Lily Madigan should definitely have been excluded from the party for their SavillsApprentice@rape.com twitter 'joke'.

If there were particular eligibility criteria, then they should have been made clear. It wasn't a meeting, it was a party.

I find this silencing of women absolutely terrifying.

Well on that basis, Lily Madigan should definitely have been excluded from the party for their SavillsApprentice@rape.com twitter 'joke'.

If there were particular eligibility criteria, then they should have been made clear. It wasn't a meeting, it was a party.

You know what if anyone acts like a twat at a party, as paid up member or not...they can be asked to leave.

Are you sure she wasn't doing the twat thing? I can't be sure at this point. :confused:

I asked Weeps some honest questions about her (DrRadFems) attitudes and tweets. If you want to link to something LM has said in the past please do so, what that rape.com thing was you wrote didn't take me anywhere.

Silencing of women is of course worrying...silencing of arseholes however I do daily...I am not sure DrRadfem is any better than the worst of the trans activists she is seemingly in opposition to at this point.

Who exactly is being "silenced"? You can't mean the transphobes whose arguments are pushed endlessly by the bulk of the print media, from the New Statesman to the Sun, can you? That would be a very peculiar form of "silencing".

Even in that "DrRadfem" tweet about being asked to leave a Labour Women Christmas Party, she tags in the Times and directly asks them for more anti-trans coverage. As I said earlier in the thread, the TERFs are well aware that they are junior partners in alliance with the right wing press and they are keen to do their part, providing fodder for transphobic scare stories.

Last edited:
You know what if anyone acts like a twat at a party, as paid up member or not...they can be asked to leave.

Are you sure she wasn't doing the twat thing? I can't be sure at this point. :confused:

I asked Weeps some honest questions about her (DrRadFems) attitudes and tweets. If you want to link to something LM has said in the past please do so, what that rape.com thing was you wrote didn't take me anywhere.

Silencing of women is of course worrying...silencing of arseholes however I do daily...I am not sure DrRadfem is any better than the worst of the trans activists she is seemingly in opposition to at this point.
Labour’s transgender women’s officer insists rape joke Twitter account isn’t hers

I find Lily Madigan a particularly egregious example of the trans movement tbh. Two years ago she was a man and complaining to Cancer Research that their Race for Life was discriminatory against men and posting nasty shit on Twitter. Now she's a woman and we are supposed to accept this on face value and her past history as a man is apparently irrelevant.

Labour’s transgender women’s officer insists rape joke Twitter account isn’t hers

I find Lily Madigan a particularly egregious example of the trans movement tbh. Two years ago she was a man and complaining to Cancer Research that their Race for Life was discriminatory against men and posting nasty shit on Twitter. Now she's a woman and we are supposed to accept this on face value and her past history as a man is apparently irrelevant.

Lily Madigan is the perfect encapsulation of the TERF to conservative media story pipeline. She's a teenager elected to an officer post in a single local Labour branch and would usually be as prominent as thousands of other completely unknown local Labour branch officers. Instead she's nationally famous because TERFs fed her to the conservative media as an outrage of the week.

Under other circumstances, it would actually be quite amusing to see friendly coverage of people like Anne Ruzylo or Maria MacLachlann in the Mail and Spectator.

Last edited:
Lily Madigan is the perfect encapsulation of the TERF to conservative media story pipeline. She's a teenager elected to an officer post in a single local Labour branch and would usually be as prominent as thousands of other completely unknown local Labour branch officers. Instead she's nationally famous because TERFs fed her to the conservative media as an outrage of the week.
I do think it's an outrage that someone who posted rape jokes on Twitter is now a women's officer. Please tell me why I shouldn't be concerned, without calling me a terf, please.

I do think it's an outrage that someone who posted rape jokes on Twitter is now a women's officer. Please tell me why I shouldn't be concerned, without calling me a terf, please.

Are you a member of Rochester and Strood Labour Party? If not, you have no reason be "concerned" about who they elect to fill a trivially powerful internal branch post. She is of so little significance to your life that you are only even aware of her existence because TERFs fed a teenager to their conservative media friends as material for transphobic outrage fodder. Anyone, regardless of their views of trans rights, could manage to avoid being overly concerned about her merely by retaining a basic sense of proportion and an awareness of the right wing media's agenda.

I don’t know if she was being a twat or not but I’d imagine if would have been all over Twitter if she had been.

Looks like this is the type of thing that led to the decision

I think the jokes, whatever they were are concerning for a young politician but surely there should be some hesitation in excluding someone from a political party over comments they deny making that were made at the time they were 14 years old. If she can be shown to have lied about that then that's another matter, although annoying as I find her it must be pretty fucking horrible and difficult for someone so young to face this kind of scrutiny about their childhood combined with outright abuse after being elected to a very minor political role.

Looks like this is the type of thing that led to the decision

I think the jokes, whatever they were are concerning for a young politician but surely there should be some hesitation in excluding someone from a political party over comments they deny making that were made at the time they were 14 years old. If she can be shown to have lied about that then that's another matter, although annoying as I find her it must be pretty fucking horrible and difficult for someone so young to face this kind of scrutiny about their childhood combined with outright abuse after being elected to a very minor political role.

I'm no fan of Venice Allen; she's a bit of dick, in my opinion.

But, in the message you posted (which I understand was taken from a private group), isn't she suggesting that people don't use memes like the one in the picture, in respect of Madigan (preferring a strategy of complaining to the Labour Party)?

I'm not sure there's any evidence of her having abused Madigan online or in the flesh. In which case her exclusion looks more like part of the ongoing strategy to exclude from the women's movement those women who refuse to conform.

I'm no fan of Venice Allen; she's a bit of dick, in my opinion.

But, in the message you posted (which I understand was taken from a private group), isn't she suggesting that people don't use memes like the one in the picture, in respect of Madigan (preferring a strategy of complaining to the Labour Party)?

And then she keeps it classy by talking publically about the mental health and possible suicide of a young person. While deliberately misgendering them.

I bet all those cunts in the Labour Party selling off housing stock, slashing funds for services etc weren’t suggested for expulsion by the safer spaces policy.

Innit. Fucking irony here is if proposed housing benefit changes come into place all women’s refuges will be forced to shut down. So there won’t be any refuges left to argue about who should or shouldn’t be allowed in but hey what matters here is a fucking Christmas do.

Innit. Fucking irony here is if proposed housing benefit changes come into place all women’s refuges will be forced to shut down. So there won’t be any refuges left to argue about who should or shouldn’t be allowed in but hey what matters here is a fucking Christmas do.

Yup, and that's the real problem. Identity politics - of which much/most of the trans activism comes from, reinforces, and argues for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom