Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender is it just me that is totally perplexed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure that gender dysphoria is horrible and I’d always support anyone going through it and use the correct pronouns of their choosing.
But what’s happening here is trans ideology is attempting to trump feminism. I’ll never support that.
how can you just say bollocks like this straight from the gutter press and not one person challenges you or asks you to back this bollocks up in any way. Fuck this shit!

Ok this will be seen as controversial, but, if transwomen identify as women, what are they identifying with?
Surely ‘woman’ is someone’s lived experience as being a girl growing into one the same as working class is the experience of someone living as a person wage slaved to capital?
Hipsters steal working class culture and stick a higher price on it. I don’t think that a useful analogy though; but it’s happening.
No it isn't a useful analogy and there's a thread here explaining why. And all you really need to do is say "cisgender woman" and "transgender woman" and voila two different lived experiences no essentialism necessary. But you can't control how others choose to interpret the situation or what their politics is but saying being Transgender isn't a material reality for many seems a bit mad.

keep framing trans equality as anti feminist and that's how people will begin to see it. Why don't they have a TERF problem in Ireland then, eh? Are those feminists all wrong? Or does Britain just have a fucking problem with extremists and transphobes? Hmmm..... I'm seriously considering leaving this country. It is seriously shit. and seriously fucked up. Trans people get attacked from the left and the right. Fuck this shit!!

No it isn't a useful analogy and there's a thread here explaining why. And all you really need to do is say "cisgender woman" and "transgender woman" and voila two different lived experiences no essentialism necessary. But you can't control how others choose to interpret the situation or what their politics is but saying being Transgender isn't a material reality for many seems a bit mad.

Of course being transgender is a reality, I haven’t stated otherwise.

I'm so sorry, Sea Star. There is so much on this thread that is a fucking disgrace. It is utterly bewildering that some people don't seem to understand that this is life and death important (and if they actually do and are behaving like this anyway, then all the fucking shame on them). I don't understand why the thread hasn't been closed. Why it's apparently ok to inflict this much pain. I'm so sorry :( :( :(

Well you started it up again. Worst fucking idea.

I'm not going to apologise for caring about this stuff and wanting to talk about it.

I am starting to change my mind about the utility of this thread though, and to be quite honest activity levels on u75 in general are dipping below the level where Im wondering if any of it is worth it anymore.

I'm not going to apologise for caring about this stuff and wanting to talk about it.

I am starting to change my mind about the utility of this thread though, and to be quite honest activity levels on u75 in general are dipping below the level where Im wondering if any of it is worth it anymore.
It's at the great expense of people more directly affected. Wanting to talk about it is fine, but surely you can see how painful this thread has been and continues to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom