Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender is it just me that is totally perplexed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right that the puncher was coming in to pull the other person away. That's clearly seen in the footage - she punches, makes sure the other person is pulled away, and then runs off.

Having looked at the footage once again, it isn't consistent with the account later given by the woman who was punched. There was no 'piling in' at any point, and you're right that she is clearly holding on to the other person, although that may well be in order to keep hold of her camera. Her comrades seem strangely passive throughout - odd that they continue milling around, singing into megaphones and smiling. That wouldn't be my reaction to a mate getting set upon by a terrifying mob.

I'm back again. But all in the name of trying to get some balance here.

anyway - there's a whole thread of pics that show a different story from the one that the TERFs are telling. Can't work out how to post the bits i wanted to post but you should find it by clicking through

Last edited:

Ok, allow me to bring out your quotes:

NUMBER ONE

belboid said:
MacLachlan - aka Skepticat_uk - is a renowned transphobe who decided to video people at a protest. Someone seemingly objected to her shoving a camera in their face and slapped it away, leading to a kerfuffle. No excuse for violence, of course, but this seems a tad overblown.

NUMBER TWO

beloid said:
A transphobe goes looking for a fight, finds one, complains about it. Gets support from the usual eejits.

NUMBER THREE

belboid said:
The meeting wasn't attacked.

NUMBER FOUR

belboid said:
Just because you're 'left' (and I'm not sure that the organisers would describe themselves thus) doesn't absolve you if you promote a bigoted agenda. No doubt many people attending were quite genuine and just wanted to find out more about the issues, but that isn't true of the organisers.

Should I continue?

Last edited:
Here's a good one!

belboid said:
No, it's a large distinction. The meeting was protested against. Are you saying that is invalid?

The person who was slightly injured had been trying to provoke the protestors. She had been sticking her camera in there faces, to what purpose? of course it would have been better to rise above her provocations, but it's hardly surprising someone tried to take her camera off her, is it?

I don't think you proved that yet. Though you were asked.
I responded. You didn't reply. A couple of others have said they were fine with her bigoted language (and they can just fuck off). You have read my points, I know, so don't pretend you didn't.

I don't get your nastiness. I really don't. What the fuck have you got against people, and why?
I don't see any nastiness.

Gender dysphoria is a value-free medical diagnosis. Its current treatment is gender reassignment surgery and/or hormone treatment. Also popular in Iran, so probably not a particularly socially enlightened approach as such.

Can we just agree that some punchy little oik (no gender pronouns) went out looking for trouble and didn't stop till they found some?
After watching the video again, I don't agree with that, no. Right or wrong, she waded in to defend her mate. Her mate may very well have been in the wrong, but there was a holding-on and the punchy little oik waded in to break that up.

Gender dysphoria is a value-free medical diagnosis. Its current treatment is gender reassignment surgery and/or hormone treatment. Also popular in Iran, so probably not a particularly socially enlightened approach as such.
Ohh and now we're getting back to the days of 'bourgeois deviation'.

Are trans women women?

Ohh and now we're getting back to the days of 'bourgeois deviation'.

Are trans women women?
Every cell of their body has XY chromosomes, just like yours. I trust that answers your question.

Last edited:
Is there any significant woman to man transgender activism? The bathroom wars which loomed large in the US recently all seemed to provoke a massive outcry against man to woman trans people while. It seems very hard to give up cultural and social mores (as a woman who protested loudly and long during the turbulent early feminist years in the 70s) so I do see where TERFS are coming from (although I don't agree with their premise)...but there are also attitudes visible here which are actually even more intransigent than biology (politics, power, fear.) I find it hard to be particularly sympathetic to either groupings in the video.

What the hell has the fact that gender reassignment surgery is done in Iran got to do with anything?

'popular'

Love that. Modern fad. get over yourselves already. What would a socially enlightened approach to gender dysphoria be? That's crap logic anyway - Iran does it therefore it's not enlightened. Iran is also a world-leader in stem cell research, fwiw. You're just displaying your prejudices about Iran there.

Every cell in their body is has XY chromosomes, just like yours. I trust that answers your question.
Your human biology is a decade out of date at least.

But at least you're being almost honest. You don't think trans women are women.

What the hell has the fact that gender reassignment surgery is done in Iran got to do with anything?

'popular'

Love that. Modern fad. get over yourselves already. What would a socially enlightened approach to gender dysphoria be? That's crap logic anyway - Iran does it therefore it's not enlightened. Iran is also a world-leader in stem cell research, fwiw. You're just displaying your prejudices about Iran there.
At a guess, less rigid sex roles would help a lot. Hence the relevance of the Iranian experience.

Your human biology is a decade out of date at least.

But at least you're being almost honest. You don't think trans women are women.
Lol. You think gender reassignment treatment alters a person's genetic code. Too much!

stop guessing. It wouldn't. Even if it did how does that help anyone around now?
I'll make my educated guesses and share them as I please.

This shouldn't need saying, but whether or not a person as XX or XY chromosomes has nothing to do with their dignity and rights as a human being. Nor should their gender identity. Just to be clear.

kind of hysterical how all the ID-pol defenders first port of call in any defence of some physically/emotionally abusive behaviour is to go on about other people not using the correct language

the stupefying absence of any recognition of their own intolerable behaviour never ceases to be staggering

I'll make my educated guesses and share them as I please.

This shouldn't need saying, but whether or not a person as XX or XY chromosomes has nothing to do with their dignity and rights as a human being. Nor should their gender identity. Just to be clear.

Say there is literally no physical difference between a transitioned woman and a non-transitioned woman!

Say it!

Say it!

kind of hysterical how all the ID-pol defenders first port of call in any defence of some physically/emotionally abusive behaviour is to go on about other people not using the correct language

the stupefying absence of any recognition of their own intolerable behaviour never ceases to be staggering
From where I'm sat it's this particular strand of rad feminism that is the ID politics. They are the ones setting themselves up as the arbiters over who is allowed to join their club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom