Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender hate crimes recorded by police go up 81%

The teenage murderers have been named. I'm not sure what the reasoning for this is. Surely it puts their families at risk and doesn't actually help anyone.
given Brianna's name, her protected Characteristic of Gender Reassignment status and also her deadname have been splashed across the media ...

the Now convicted Criminals who murdered Brianna have had their identities protected all the way through the proceedings , even after their guilt was established and it;s not as if these young people are another Thompson and Venables, they are young adults ...

Hadn't seen this before. From the cop in charge talking to the Mail:

How could she of been transphobic? She even fancied her a bit. Transmisogyny in full display.
ever heard of the term 'wanker's remorse' ?

it's also becoming clear that the young man involved was transphobic

given Brianna's name, her protected Characteristic of Gender Reassignment status and also her deadname have been splashed across the media ...

the Now convicted Criminals who murdered Brianna have had their identities protected all the way through the proceedings , even after their guilt was established and it;s not as if these young people are another Thompson and Venables, they are young adults ...
Yes, but what is the purpose of naming them? How does this help anyone? Surely it simply puts their innocent families in danger.

This is what the judge said about naming them (from BBC):

'Exceptional case' justified naming of teenage killers, judge said at end of trial​

Just to remind you that back in December, at the end of the trial, Mrs Justice Yip said she would lift the anonymity order that prevented the media from naming the killers due to "a strong public interest in the full and unrestricted reporting of what is plainly an exceptional case".

"The shock generated by Brianna's murder and the circumstances of it has spread well beyond the local community, across the nation and indeed internationally," she said at the time.
Justice Yip accepted naming the two teenagers would "cause distress to their families", but said the purpose of the anonymity order was not to protect family members of those convicted.

Judge rightly emphasising the tansphobia in this murder
indeed i'm watching the setencing now

looks like the starting point is 20 years ( 30 year starting point if they had been adults) imprisonment ...

sounding like Scarlett is going to have to do a lot to convince the Parole board to release her , while Eddie is going to be an interesting scenario for sentencing

have you read or listened to any of the setencing ?
Yes. I've followed the trial. Absolutely harrowing. But the murderers were/are kids, so should not be identified. And I still don't see what's being gained by naming them. The only thing that will happen is that their families will be hounded by the media and by assorted twats.

Yes. I've followed the trial. Absolutely harrowing. But the murderers were/are kids, so should not be identified. And I still don't see what's being gained by naming them.

Should they remain anonymous once they reach 18?

The only thing that will happen is that their families will be hounded by the media and by assorted twats.

Or should all killers remain anonymous in case their families get hounded?

Yes. I've followed the trial. Absolutely harrowing. But the murderers were/are kids, so should not be identified. And I still don't see what's being gained by naming them. The only thing that will happen is that their families will be hounded by the media and by assorted twats.
in that case should the news ever name any convicted Criminal ?

should we stop publishing the findings of professional regulatory proceedings as well?

Last edited:
Should they remain anonymous once they reach 18?

Or should all killers remain anonymous in case their families get hounded?
I'm not sure what the law is, but yes, they would probably be named once they reach 18. And that's okay. By the time they reach 18, the immediate anger would have died down.

No, not all killers remain anonymous, but it's fairly usual not to name children who commit murders, is it?

No, not all killers remain anonymous, but it's fairly usual not to name children who commit murders, is it?

No, it's fairly normal to name them upon conviction. They will be subject to an automatic life sentence (called Detention at His Majesty's Pleasure for under 18's), so they will be very much in to adulthood by the time they get out.

Not entirely sure where you get this idea that their families will be targeted for retribution if named whereas had they done what they did when they were 18 their families would have been left alone.

No, it's fairly normal to name them upon conviction. They will be subject to an automatic life sentence (called Detention at His Majesty's Pleasure for under 18's), so they will be very much in to adulthood by the time they get out.

Not entirely sure where you get this idea that their families will be targeted for retribution if named whereas had they done what they did when they were 18 their families would have been left alone.
It was something that Brianna's mother said. She expressed concern about the families.

Back
Top Bottom