Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender hate crimes recorded by police go up 81%

Anyone who doesn't want to watch what's in Joe's first link, it's video of (I guess?) her being assaulted by another girl (or girls, I'm not going to rewatch it for specifics), egged on by a guy, presumably same school. Think T word is used, little difficult to tell.

Last edited:
The Guardian's sub-heading is 'Police say no evidence so far that death of 16-year-old trans girl in Warrington park was hate related'. And they lead with:

A boy and girl, both aged 15, have been arrested on suspicion of murder after the fatal stabbing of 16-year-old Brianna Ghey in a park in Warrington, Cheshire police have said.

Ghey was a transgender girl, but a police spokesperson said “there is nothing to suggest that this has any relevance at all to the murder”.

Just fuck all of this.

The Guardian's sub-heading is 'Police say no evidence so far that death of 16-year-old trans girl in Warrington park was hate related'. And they lead with:

Just fuck all of this.

I was reading last night an opinion by a psychologist that it’s not the initial act that causes the trauma (most trauma?) but other people’s response to it.

Whilst I don’t fully agree with the first part I am fairly certain the second still holds-up as a cause of lasting trauma; and so my question is how are people to cope with the complete whitewashing of what has clearly been a sustained campaign of transphobia against a child?

The recording is really difficult to watch.

Appalling.

Bullying attacks are happening increasingly.. Its a pandemic. Staff are generally pretty powerless.
Calling in the police becomes just another coping strategy by school management. They can say they did the right thing but they will fail to really help or stop the behaviours.
The extra added hate driving attacks on trans kids is making life so dreadfully difficult for these kids who are literally trying to just survive.

I have seen how schools deal with bulling. They always fail to actually deal with the bullies. And they 100% fail to assist victims. I've ended up reporting to child protection in the past about extreme bullying. They said they were too busy with sexual abuse cases.

Anyone who doesn't want to watch what's in Joe's first link, it's video of (I guess?) her being assaulted by another girl (or girls, I'm not going to rewatch it for specifics), egged on by a guy, presumably same school. Think T word is used, little difficult to tell.
I don't think that's Brianna; it's the daughter of Mr Harry. She went to the same school and was allegedly bullied*; he seems keen to link his daughter's situation to Brianna's murder, on social media.

*Which seems to be the subject of a long running and complex web of complaints and proceedings against the school, the council, and the police.

I don't think that's Brianna; it's the daughter of Mr Harry. She went to the same school and was allegedly bullied*; he seems keen to link his daughter's situation to Brianna's murder, on social media.

*Which seems to be the subject of a long running and complex web of complaints and proceedings against the school, the council, and the police.

Yeah it makes more sense now, I guess I was a little hasty to post without sorting it into a linear story.

It’s difficult when you’ve got tossers like A380 trying to use what you’ve posted - in the best of faith - to derail the thread.

Yeah it makes more sense now, I guess I was a little hasty to post without sorting it into a linear story.

It’s difficult when you’ve got tossers like A380 trying to use what you’ve posted - in the best of faith - to derail the thread.
Sorry but A380 is a decent bloke.

You've got him wrong.

How can they so quickly assert it wasn’t a hate crime? What was it then. A robbery gone wrong?
They haven't said that, they've said there's no evidence so far which suggests that it is a hate crime.

I would imagine that to legally demonstrate that it is a hate crime it would be necessary to connect the two suspects to some of the previous transphobic abuse that Brianna was subjected to, but as far as I can see there is so far no evidence of any such thing.

They haven't said that, they've said there's no evidence so far which suggests that it is a hate crime.

I would imagine that to legally demonstrate that it is a hate crime it would be necessary to connect the two suspects to some of the previous transphobic abuse that Brianna was subjected to, but as far as I can see there is so far no evidence of any such thing.
Not really, they can declare anything a hate crime.

"Any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice, based on a person's disability or perceived disability; race or perceived race; or religion or perceived religion; or sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation or transgender identity or perceived transgender identity."

There's no definition of hostility. it's for the CPS to decide if there is enough evidence to go ahead with the charge. The police are just being wankers.

What do you mean by that? correct identity?
I believe it may be a reference to the Tories going back on the self ID legislation proposed for England under Theresa May. I don’t know what basis Karl has for making the apparent assumption that Brianna had not changed her birth certificate, though.

Back
Top Bottom