Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender hate crimes recorded by police go up 81%

Is the deed poll thing true? Because if so then, that's something that will contribute to more hate crime. The stuff about blockers and no self ID is bad enough, there's no good reason for that.

Britain's transphobia problem is starting to look institutional.

Is the deed poll thing true? Because if so then, that's something that will contribute to more hate crime.

It looks like the plan to require enrollment of deeds poll is in respect of sex offenders (cis and trans), but the wording is a bit ambiguous, so could be interpreted more widely.

View attachment 362969

Apparently those fucks at the Mail have deadnamed her already and the shithouses in the police aren’t treating it as a hate crime

This is a total tragedy and complete waste of a young life. Its just so very very sad.

Be such a pity if people jumped on it for their own agendas:

What's your source inside Cheshire Constabulary re the hate crime angle Joe? I'd be astounded if any SIO didn't flag this as a hate crime, would be a massive and career defining call not to.

Also looked at the Mail articles online , couldn't see her dead name anywhere? Where did you see it?

What's your source inside Cheshire Constabulary re the hate crime angle?

Also looked at the Mail articles, couldn't see her dead name anywhere? Where did you see it?

Twitter saying the Mail removed her deadname after initially printing it :confused:

What's your source inside Cheshire Constabulary re the hate crime angle Joe? I'd be astounded if any SIO didn't flag this as a hate crime, would be a massive and career defining call not to.

Disingenuous of you to pretend you’ve not seen this thread

Not sure why Joe is being jumped on either here... deadnaming, not being treated as a hate crime (despite people having been detained on suspicion of murder), is something trans people have come to expect, sadly.

When people mentioned it on twitter, and the people I follow too, there was no hesitation in believing the Mail and the Coppers would do that.

Look at all the pelters Sam Smith has been taking over the past 48 hours for being playful in their appearance and choosing the they/them pronoun.

It’s totally expected.

Yes, from past observations and experiences of people I've known, of how these things are reported in such a shoddy manner and dealt with by the police, I'm afraid I very much expect there will be a hate crime link. If there's not of course, it doesn't offer much consolation either :(

The front page BBC article doesn't even mention that she was trans, so definitely no hate crime to see there. They're probably operating from some misguided sense that they ought not to out her unnecessarily, without actually thinking about when it might be necessary.

It's both a targeted attack and there's no evidence of a hate crime, what, hours after they brought the suspects in? right.

Just absolutely tragic whatever the circumstances were.

Back
Top Bottom