Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Touring Musicians Are Brutal on the Environment

Saul Goodman

It's all good, man
An interesting article.

UK researchers studied the tours of five musicians using a carbon-tracking tool to measure their environmental impact. The research found that, combined, the artists added 19,314 kilograms of CO2 to the environment in only 6 months — the equivalent of taking nearly twenty flights back and forth from New York City to London.

Transparent
Desperate is more how I'd see it - even more so seeing as no bands are touring anywhere, and are unlikely to be doing so for many, many months.

I think it will be a long long time before the supergroups referenced in that article start globetrotting in the same manner.

Desperate is more how I'd see it - even more so seeing as no bands are touring anywhere, and are unlikely to be doing so for many, many months.

Good point.

Climate change caused by plane travel won’t be a problem in the future, so no point discussing it now.

Good point.

Climate change caused by plane travel won’t be a problem in the future, so no point discussing it now.
There's already several threads for that, but if you want to go on about U2 and Coldplay's carbon footprint in two year's time (or whatever), feel free.

It literally says in the first paragraph that Coldplay won't be touring. If anyone can think of any better way to improve their environment, especially those of us who live near a stadium, I'd like to hear it.
Sadly it only says that they would "would not be touring to promote their newest album “Everyday Life,” which leaves a threat hanging over all of us.

There's already several threads for that, but if you want to go on about U2 and Coldplay's carbon footprint in two year's time (or whatever), feel free.

Before posting on this thread I should do a search for a different thread and then bump that rather than post on this thread?

Before posting on this thread I should do a search for a different thread and then bump that rather than post on this thread?
If you want to talk about a specific subject, it's generally considered the norm to post your comments on a thread about that specific subject. That's why separate threads exist and are created.

Back
Top Bottom