Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Virgin Mary

Do you see a vulva in that image?
Yes of course. Reproductions of such are everywhere in religion, especially pagan ones, or those that incorporated aspects of paganism, such as Catholicism and other Christian denominations.
It looks like it may be a cowrie shell to me. Which looks like a vulva.

Do you know if his travels included time? Seems a little odd that he'd have adopted an Italo-Byzantine style, but you never know.
It has been generally accepted that St Luke's original painting was augmented and altered to some degree by later artists

“Generally accepted”.

Cue more “proof” in the form of assertions made by Catholic websites.

Perhaps he interviewed Gabriel, the Holy Ghost and one of the evicted money lenders.
My mate was one of those moneychangers. He did not like that Jesus fellow, not one bit. Reckons he was some kind of Marxist. Says that turning over his table was sheer class prejudice. He came from a humble shepherding family, and worked hard to become a moneychanger. It's not like there was any suitable public building other than the Temple for the moneychangers to work in, what with the occupying Romans bagging all the best ones.

Excellent. I refer you now to this

Those "proofs" are nothing of the kind.
If God made the cosmos, then what made God?
Ah, it is said, but God is a kind of thing that does not need to be made. Perhaps the cosmos is the kind of thing that does not need to be made. The evidence is that the cosmos has always been here.

According to The Unauthorized Version, by Robin Lane Fox (1991), which I just consulted from my extensive library, the consensus seems to be that Luke and Acts were written by 'a companion of Paul', which I think implies not an original Disciple.
getting a ghost writer in to do your autobiography isn’t a new thing

Those "proofs" are nothing of the kind.
If God made the cosmos, then what made God?
Ah, it is said, but God is a kind of thing that does not need to be made. Perhaps the cosmos is the kind of thing that does not need to be made. The evidence is that the cosmos has always been here.
how?

Lots of little Spanish girls and so on have seen her quite recently, so there really shouldn't be any controversy.

Why is it that it is usually females who see Mary?
Why do people see Mary rather than God?

God's like Odin, he turns up in disguise, so people see him but don't recognise him. He might be your parcel courier or that annoying bloke taking ages at the bar.

God's like Odin, he turns up in disguise, so people see him but don't recognise him. He might be your parcel courier or that annoying bloke taking ages at the bar.
Oh, no. I told a courier today that I could not take in a parcel for a neighbour!

Why don't you attempt to answer the qestion rather than post this article?
I think that the set-up to this article is a bit anti-Jewish. It implies that someone is somehow "more Jewish" is their parents survived the Holocaust.

That is... actually quite creepy when you read the details.

He claims his father had a vision of Jesus while convalescing from a broken leg, but also;

Schoeman baptized his father on Good Friday, but his father had slipped into unconsciousness.

(no indication of desire for that or consent to it)

Then his mother:

When his mother also fell, breaking her hip and ending up in hospice, Schoeman had an opportunity to share his testimony with her. She listened but was not strong enough to respond.

“The next morning when I visited her, she was sitting up in bed. She could talk. She said, ‘I really want to thank you for what you did yesterday.’ All of her childhood faith in God came back.”

She requested prayers and Schoeman baptized her as well. After her death she had a Catholic funeral.

Also his description of the VM sounds a bit like Prof's first wet dream. But I suppose that's in the tradition of the ecstatic confession.

Last edited:
Why don't you attempt to answer the qestion rather than post this article?
I think it does answer the question. Roy Schoeman is a male, a Jew and a former atheist.
He has quite a story if you take the time to read it.
Extremely vivid details about the physical appearance of the Blessed Virgin Mary, including the language she spoke, the prayers she preferred and her purpose in appearing physically

Back
Top Bottom