Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Virgin Mary

What evidence is there that love exists?
Love is a socially constructed way that we make sense of circumstances that happen to us. It isn’t ’out there’ as a tangible ‘thing’ in the universe. It only exists as something that we made up. If that’s what you’re saying that God is too, then fine, I guess.

My mate was one of those moneychangers. He did not like that Jesus fellow, not one bit. Reckons he was some kind of Marxist. Says that turning over his table was sheer class prejudice. He came from a humble shepherding family, and worked hard to become a moneychanger. It's not like there was any suitable public building other than the Temple for the moneychangers to work in, what with the occupying Romans bagging all the best ones.
Jesus came from a proletarian background he was not one of those Kulak shepherds.

How do you know that the Jesus of mythology isn’t a composite of various charismatic sages of the time plus a load of made up stuff?
Queen Victoria and Winston Churchill as we know them are mythologised composite characters

Queen Victoria and Winston Churchill as we know them are mythologised composite characters
This is true. For example, increasingly, people think that Churchill said things that were actually said by others.

It changed everything. Hands and faces. Earth and sky.
Have some dim recollection of a paper on the introduction of the concept of romantic love in Tibetan faming communities in fairly recent history, but so long since I read it can only recall it was a novelty.

Reactions: tim
If this is a concession, I'm happy to make it:
You never will be find further evidences than those everyone already knows: Bible, 2000 years tradition and Catholic church repository of Truth expressed in the Magisterium.
Your personal experience and faith will fill in the gaps.

Back
Top Bottom