Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Trump presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can only explain this general tilt by it being in practice easier for Trump to inflict misery on registered legal immigrants than illegals in the large US illicit economy.

Reactions: CRI
Richard Spencer, (the punched nazi) who claims that he invented the term Alt Right, just started a new website - alt right dot com . There's an essay there explaining in his own words what it's all about and what the next steps are, to seize the day, consolidate and unify the movement etc. Quite revealing in its way if you can stomach it. Uses the word identitarian a lot.
Identitarian sounds a lot worse than being a plain honest old White Supremacist.

Website's full of tips , such as
'Have Large Families, don't let feminism or the degeneracy of potential partners stop you'.

Emmanuel Wallerstein's take on two foreign policy 'hotspots' for the Trump regime.

All very speculative etc...but, talking about Trump's scope for re-working NAFTA, this caught my eye...

There are legal and political problems for him in implementing the program. The legal obstacles under U.S. and international law are probably not that great, though the United States might be charged with violating provisions of the World Trade Organization (WTO). If that were to happen, Trump would probably be ready to withdraw the United States from the WTO.
In the context of the Brexiteers' 'back-stop' of WTO, that might throw something of a spanner.

Edit: it would also appear to mean he was quoting from a wiki cable release from before wikileaks existed.

Wikileaks made the archive easy to search online, but there was physical access to the archive decades before then if you were, for example, a journalist looking to do such legwork. These are not the same diplomatic cables as the ones wikileaks released illicitly to much fanfare some years back.

That particular quote is mentioned in an Oxford Dictionary of Political Quotations and they have the Washington Post from January 20th 1977 as the source.

Lend Me Your Ears

edit - here is the Washington Post story from 1977:

Kissinger Oversleeps on His Last Day

I cant claim much in the way of research credit for this because I got the detail from a wikipedia page.

Kissinger cables - Wikipedia

How many people have been killed on Trump's watch so far? :hmm:

A few, including one minor child:

Navy SEAL, 8-year-old American girl died in Yemen raid

Many more will die just from his abortion policies alone. Add the changes expected to healthcare to that total and it adds another 40,000 people per year.

And then there's what will happen if they defund Planned Parenthood:

Defunding Planned Parenthood Would Put 900,000 Women's Lives At Risk Every Year

Don't want to think what will happen if they cut Social Security and Medicare.

Hundreds dying here, including suicides, as a direct consequence of the brutal welfare reforms, no Whitehall mass protests for them though.

Calum's List
(now out of date)

No shame. No shame.

Surprise surprise, he managed to make Black History month all about him.

He has no fucking clue who Fredrick Douglass * was. :(

* In 4th grade, my teacher discouraged me from reading Autobiography of Fredrick Douglass for a book report because it meant she would have to read it and she thought it looked "boring." I insisted, she read it and realised it was good, so the whole class read it together. Pity it didn't stop them growing up into white supremacists. :(

cv009-douglass-400x618.jpg

New nominee for the Supreme Court is, unsurprisingly, an originalist, meaning that he believes that any reading of the Constitution should be done in such a way as to follow the meaning it would have had for people at the time it was written. This basically treats the thing as religious scripture, with the 'founding fathers' in the role of prophets. It involves the same kind of study as theology, including hermeneutics: attempting to place yourself in the minds of people from over 200 years ago. I say people. What I mean is white men.

It's also what Scalia was. Such people are almost invariably conservatives, of course. Through its constitution, this pov anchors the US to a particular, essentially random, point in history.

Don't want to think what will happen if they cut Social Security and Medicare.
But you must understand. These programs won't be cut. It's "entailment reform" and is designed to SAVE these programs. :confused:

It will be interesting though. Trump said during the campaign he wouldn't cut them but the Repub congress is determined to do it. Wonder why the Donald hasn't called Repub congressional leaders and told them to drop these ideas.

No shame. No shame.

What's the odds that at some point, surrounded by white men, he will opine that there is no problem with equality, everyone has equal chances in America because everyone (meaning white men) is so great and bigly unprejudiced?

What's the odds that at some point, surrounded by white men, he will opine that there is no problem with equality, everyone has equal chances in America because everyone (meaning white men) is so great and bigly unprejudiced?
A couple of years old now but....

New nominee for the Supreme Court is, unsurprisingly, an originalist, meaning that he believes that any reading of the Constitution should be done in such a way as to follow the meaning it would have had for people at the time it was written. This basically treats the thing as religious scripture, with the 'founding fathers' in the role of prophets. It involves the same kind of study as theology, including hermeneutics: attempting to place yourself in the minds of people from over 200 years ago. I say people. What I mean is white men.

It's also what Scalia was. Such people are almost invariably conservatives, of course. Through its constitution, this pov anchors the US to a particular, essentially random, point in history.

but as what they really didn't want is a defacto king, not too good for Trump

A couple of years old now but....

I'm with Donald on this one. Well... not really, I mean... in a way. I mean "Blackish", I don't like that shows premise at all, What do the creators of the show think being black is exactly? A way of walking and talking? A style of dress? Being 'street'? Not middle-class? The fuck outta here with their planet USA bullshit.

I'm with Donald on this one. Well... not really, I mean "Blackish", I don't like that shows premise at all, I mean what do the creators think being black is exactly? A way of walking and talking? A style of dress? Being 'street'? The fuck outta here with their planet USA bullshit.

You are with Donald, yet you know nothing about the show? Perhaps the show challenges the very things you claim to be worried about? Perhaps the show focuses on what it's like to be Black and the issues facing Black people?

Rhetorical questions btw. I don't believe you actually give a shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom