Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the sir jimmy savile obe thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the url it looks like it was published on the 11th Oct 2012, so I'm guessing from the lack of it being on here already, it hasn't been covered in the mainstream press in the UK

Ken Clarke is a big name to drop :eek:
Another man was 'acting over-familiar' with him in Clarke's presence. And they gave him some whiskey, which isn't illegal. The specifics involving named people don't amount to much really.

I'm not doubting him, just saying that there isn't much substance.

Another man was 'acting over-familiar' with him in Clarke's presence. And they gave him some whiskey, which isn't illegal. The specifics involving named people don't amount to much really.

I'm not doubting him, just saying that there isn't much substance.
That is why I used the phrase "big name to drop" as he has not made any allegations against him personally (at this time).

kin el.

Looks like there's something in the conspiracy / high powered peadophile ring theories then if those accusations are right. He seems to be naming 2 former home secretaries there.

Like the Jersey story and Edward Heath taking boys on sailing trips... No real evidence other than ubattributable quotes.

Edit: Jersey not Guernsey

Ooh wikipedia have locked the article.Surely to god it's not possible to libel someone who's been dead for decades and who was outed by a well known journalist in a book ages ago.(that's happened this afternoon by the way)

Wikipedia arent just concerned with libel though, they can take being an encyclopaedia rather seriously and they sometimes pre-empt editing bunfights.

Like the Guernsey story and Edward Heath taking boys on sailing trips... No real evidence other than ubattributable quotes.
same's true of savile though really.

It could of course be that people are lying about this stuff for the lulz, but this guy has put his name to this, and runs a tv production company so presumably has a fair amount to lose by going public like this.

It could of course be that people are lying about this stuff for the lulz, but this guy has put his name to this, and runs a tv production company so presumably has a fair amount to lose by going public like this.
do you think that makes him more reasonable and less likely to do something stupid than other lesser mortals?

Which guy, Ben Fellows? He's been careful not to name anybody except the politicians involved in the Cook Report work he did. Again, not doubting him, but assuming everything he's saying is true, what then? I didn't like the way he ended that piece with the rather ridiculous attack on Harriet Harman. Not helpful to brand anyone advocating changes in the law that you don't like a pedophile. He appears to be advocating a clampdown of the law as a reaction to this. Not sure what kind of a clampdown, but that smacks of the moral panic following the Soam murders, which resulted in very bad legislation about crb checks that have had the effect of centralising control over everyone's lives in a none-too-healthy way.

do you think that makes him more reasonable and less likely to do something stupid than other lesser mortals?
I think it makes him less likely to have completely made it up than someone posting completely anonymously.

Obviously there's still a chance he's doing it for publicity reasons, or as part of some sort of documentary investigating how gullible the internet is etc. but that'd seem like a pretty high risk strategy.

I don't think this has been posted before but it is very powerful piece by Ben Fellows

The following accounts are just some of my own personal experiences – and brushes with pedophilia out in the entertainment and big media spheres, as a child star who attended the Sylvia Young Theatre School in London…

YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE WHOLE PATTERN AND EXAMINE IT TOGETHER, HOMOSEXUAL ACTS ARE NO LONGER FROWNED ON, AND PEDOPHILE BEHAVIOR AS HARRIET HARMAN SAID NEED DECRIMINALISING, IN JEWISH LAW ITS NOT A CRIME TO HAVE SEX WITH NON JEW CHILDREN, AND WE ARE NOW RULED BY THE JEWISH LOBBY
WITH A CIRCUMCISION, THE HEAD TO THE PENIS IS EXPOSED AND BECOMES ROUGH DRY AND HARD, SO ORDINARY INTERCORSE IS NOT THAT SATISFYING SO THEY GO FOR THE RECTUM WHICH IS TOIGHTER, AS WITH JIMMY SAVILE, BOY OR GIRL DOES NOT MATTER. THE JEWS HAVE TO BE CONFRONTED ON THIS TOPIC.
OUR KIDS SAFETY IS PARAMOUNT

Uh huh...

Wikipedia arent just concerned with libel though, they can take being an encyclopaedia rather seriously and they sometimes pre-empt editing bunfights.
Yeah I realise that, it's only those that aren't registered who can't change article.What did surprise me is it happened this afternoon (unless there are two pages and I was on the other one) and that's probably because the quotes from the book have been circulating and it didn't require more than a few minutes to suss who it was.

Which guy, Ben Fellows? He's been careful not to name anybody except the politicians involved in the Cook Report work he did.
Reading between the lines though, why would the cook report feel the need to hire a 15 year old boy to carry out this under cover work with these politicians?

It does seem that he's got a bit of form though, as a whistleblower on the G4S cock up before the olympics, which through up this less than complementary comment on one blog.

I know who ‘Lee Hazeldean’ is. His voice is instantly recognisable as one Ben Fellows, a below-average ‘filmmaker’ who has his own channel on Youtube (if you play the radio interview and then his documentary you’ll recognise his distinct voice and turn of phrase as they didn’t use a voice disguise on the radio interview). He’s completely delusional, a fantasist and attention-seeker. He was an actor at one time and has created a web of lies around his career as he’s very charming, charismatic and articulate. He told me he worked for the Cook Report and all that Northern Ireland bs too. But he’s the biggest fake I’ve ever met. And possibly mentally ill. I once knew him well and he displays nine of the eleven traits of someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He might be a security guard for G4s but don’t believe anything he says.

So erm I dunno.

I think it makes him less likely to have completely made it up than someone posting completely anonymously.

Obviously there's still a chance he's doing it for publicity reasons, or as part of some sort of documentary investigating how gullible the internet is etc. but that'd seem like a pretty high risk strategy.
Not so cocky now, eh? Eh? :p

btw, I'd still stand by this statement.

someone putting their name to a statement like that is far less likely to be bullshitting than someone posting entirely anonymously IMO.

You'll note that I didn't say that I instantly believed it must be true, just that it makes it less likely not to be.

btw, I'd still stand by this statement.

someone putting their name to a statement like that is far less likely to be bullshitting than someone posting entirely anonymously IMO.

You'll note that I didn't say that I instantly believed it must be true, just that it makes it less likely not to be.
It is in the public domain now so one would expect him to be interviewed by one of the inquires and it is for them and other to make a judgement on what he has said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom