Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

the sir jimmy savile obe thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janet Cope, Saville's ex assistant for 32 years is attacking him in the press, Daily Mirror to be specific, yet a week ago she was interviewed on Radio Sheffield and robustly defended him

Not true. Cliff got uppity years ago after being taken off the Radio One playlist, even though he hadn't done anything remotely listenable since "Wired for Sound". To be fair, even Radio One DJs aren't big enough cunts to submit their listeners to "Saviour's Day" or "Mistletoe and Wine" (both of which are actually occult hymns, by the way, just like "Devil Woman" is a back-masked invocation of Satan's missus).
Actually, don't know why I said never on the list - I remember him kicking up a fuss when he got booted off it. Also Status Quo. Can't imagine many bands would nowadays want their 7 incher in the hands of DLT. :eek:

Have we mentioned the Eric Gill statue on the front of BBC house?

bbc4.jpg

Can the art of a paedophile be celebrated?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6979731.stm

Me and dotty were talking yesterday about that interview he did where he described his volunteer work as a porter taking bodies to the hospital morgue (which there is nothing suspicious about in itself) and how he said "don't worry, i'm not a necrophiliac". WTF?? It would be like taking your cat to the vet and the vet saying "We're going to have to keep the cat overnight I'm afraid, but we're not into bestiality so it's OK" or a teacher at parents evening going "Hello Mr and Mrs Smith. I'm not a paedo"

Me and dotty were talking yesterday about that interview he did where he described his volunteer work as a porter taking bodies to the hospital morgue (which there is nothing suspicious about in itself) and how he said "don't worry, i'm not a necrophiliac". WTF?? It would be like taking your cat to the vet and the vet saying "We're going to have to keep the cat overnight I'm afraid, but we're not into bestiality so it's OK" or a teacher at parents evening going "Hello Mr and Mrs Smith. I'm not a paedo"
i worked as a hospital porter and it would never have occurred to me to say anything like that. Or to any of the other porters. We treated the dead with respect.

You may want to check out his appearance on desert island discs where a song dedicated to the death of his mother and how he was feeling at the time she was lying dead at his sisters house, featured the opening lyrics 'cant stop loving you'.

You may want to check out his appearance on desert island discs where a song dedicated to the death of his mother and how he was feeling at the time she was lying dead at his sisters house, featured the opening lyrics 'cant stop loving you'.
Well necrophilia was one of the rumours going around for years but I doubt we'll get any proof now. He was one sick bastard.

Where do the rumours about necrophilia come from and why? Anyone know? Was it just because he is odd and he was working in a morgue or was there real concerns at the time?

Janet Cope, Saville's ex assistant for 32 years is attacking him in the press, Daily Mirror to be specific, yet a week ago she was interviewed on Radio Sheffield and robustly defended him
Ay?

She was quoted robustly defending him in the Mail yesterday!

Shouldn't take much to work this one out:

The row over Jimmy Savile's four-decade career at the BBC has intensified after it emerged that the veteran journalist John Simpson claimed that top executives knew of sexual abuse by another star presenter in the 1950s and 60s.

Simpson referred to the star in his 1999 autobiography as "Uncle Dick" and said he had been a household name from the 1920s until his death in 1967. He claimed that BBC bosses up to the level of director general were aware of the allegations.

"Week after week, children from all over the country could win competitions to visit the BBC and meet Uncle Dick," Simpson wrote in Strange Places, Questionable People.

"He would welcome them, show them around, give them lunch, then take them to the gents and interfere with them. If parents complained, the director general's office would write saying the nation wouldn't understand such an accusation against a much-loved figure."

Who used to live in Hamilton Road in Brighton just down from my old house.
There is a plaque on the wall of the house!!

There's a church in Gorleston, in Norfolk that he built, that my nan liked, until I told her Eric Gill's social habits, at which time she decided it was a horrid church! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom