Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The rise of fascism in the US

WhyLikeThis

Something, something, something
Exit polls look like the Democrats are fucked in the mid term election. Is this the end of yanky democracy and the unstoppable rise of fascism?

Hey, it’s just exit polls…

Those numbers aren’t as bad for the Dems as I was expecting tbf.

48% “Biden not a factor” is quite hopeful, as is the “approve/disapprove” rating.

You have to remember that CNN isn't a left-wing channel since it was bought out a few months ago. The new ownership is moving it to the right.

Ah, that’s interesting - didn’t know about that. Not that I’d have personally considered it a left-wing channel at any point but good to know that something has changed.

Sure this was much bigger news your side of the pond, obvs.

Don’t see why this would necessarily affect exit poll results, though.

Last edited:
The polls close in Eastern Time zone at 8:00 pm. Usually, they have a lot of results fairly quickly after that. It'll be a couple of days for the states that are particularly contentious. I wouldn't expect final results for Pennsylvania, Arizona, and a few others until Thursday or so.

Are you getting big queues at the polling stations?

I was number 78 this morning. I'm usually less than number 20. There wasn't a line, but the poll worker said they'd been really busy.

Thanks. It always seems like some places have a really long queue in US elections (obv this is midterms so maybe different).

I always figured that the queues seemed longer in some places than others, though.

Here in the UK, I’ve never waited more than a minute or so to vote.

Thanks. It always seems like some places have a really long queue in US elections (obv this is midterms so maybe different).

I always figured that the queues seemed longer in some places than others, though.

Here in the UK, I’ve never waited more than a minute or so to vote.

I'm pretty sure those long lines are on purpose. It's generally majority black precincts where this happens. The only time I remember a line was the first time Obama was elected.

I'm pretty sure those long lines are on purpose. It's generally majority black precincts where this happens. The only time I remember a line was the first time Obama was elected.

I didn’t say it myself because I didn’t want to prompt you, but whenever I’ve seen long queues on the TV of people waiting to vote in your elections, it’s never been a queue of white people.

Back
Top Bottom