Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Reform UK Party (latest nigel farage vehicle) is it to be laughed at or not

:hmm:

I'm taking the piss but the biggest take away for most of the conservative party for this election result will be they not being nasty enough in their mind set and need another lurch to the right

14 years of their leadership has caused the rise of reform and not the other way around

Labour don't know how to combat it because that would be to admit their role in creating a space for fash/right wing populism.

What do you mean. Losing the 'narrative' on austerity, and taking on the small state orthodoxy to the tune of the neoliberals?

I think it’s to be laughed at. All that hot air and BS about becoming the next opposition, replacing the tories, and they won 4 seats.

As usual with Farage, plenty of froth and noise, bewitching the press into giving him airtime beyond his importance, then when it comes down to it, he delivers next to nothing.

I think it’s to be laughed at. All that hot air and BS about becoming the next opposition, replacing the tories, and they won 4 seats.

As usual with Farage, plenty of froth and noise, bewitching the press into giving him airtime beyond his importance, then when it comes down to it, he delivers next to nothing.

He'll get even more air time now though.

The one saving grace is that Reform at this point are swivel eyed loons, the French far right are now a much slicker outfit.
Don't underestimate Farage. He can talk, he got brexit done.
Reform have 4 MP's now, which is a bit of a swing and some of the more extreme tories got back in.
This and what is happening in Europe is quite troubling.
Hopefully, we have got 4 years before they can cause too much trouble.

Hey, it's not the 13 that was predicted. That was rather worrying.

What bothers me is that they have the same number of MPs as the Greens, but with twice the share of the popular vote. And if you combine Reform's share of the PV with the Conservatives, they outnumber Labour. I don't like FPTP in principle, so this is uncomfortable.

Hey, it's not the 13 that was predicted. That was rather worrying.

What bothers me is that they have the same number of MPs as the Greens, but with twice the share of the popular vote. And if you combine Reform's share of the PV with the Conservatives, they outnumber Labour. I don't like FPTP in principle, so this is uncomfortable.
Greens got 4 seats in the end 😃
Reform and Tories combined, ah.

and something like 100 second places and 4 million votes , a better performance than UKIPs in 2015
It is slightly better. Not massively. A couple of hundred thousand more votes.

Difference between then and now is that since then the Tories have basically turned themselves into UKIP but they still had 4million defecting right of them.

There are a lot of swivel-eyed loons out there
That's true. Le Pen has worked hard to turn her mob into something more presentable, controlling messaging, candidate vetting and bringing younger people in and upfront....If the old farts at Reform manage the same it's a whole other level. But the swivel eye vote in Britain is around this high watermark I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom