Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Reform UK Party (latest nigel farage vehicle) is it to be laughed at or not

I think reform would be far more of a threat if they pivot into the red brown stuff. Radical policies on housing protectionist economics. Drawing in disaffected would be left-wing voters. Maybe the next incarnation will.

merge with galloway's lot?

as it is they are largely a protest vote vehicle for disaffected Old tory gimmers and the gammonati. With no apologies for using those terms, they are short hand.

The millions of people without political representation presumably.

Regardless of what we might think of Reform it's undeniable that:

1. There is a massive political vacuum to the left and right of the establishment parties.
2. The centre ground occupied by the establishment parties is in crisis - in the UK and across Europe. It has no narrative to explain what is happening and is reviled. As a result the space described in point 1 becomes more populated.
3. Sooner or later politicall vacuums are filled.
Yet Reform are a faux revolutionary party, if they weren’t then they wouldn’t be so well supported by those profiting so much from the current system or engaged with so much by the media class.

It’s a safety net erected by deep pocketed capitalists to make sure any fallout from the failure of globalism/neo-liberalism is safely captured. All about keeping people punching down.

Yet Reform are a faux revolutionary party, if they weren’t then they wouldn’t be so well supported by those profiting so much from the current system or engaged with so much by the media class.

It’s a safety net erected by deep pocketed capitalists to make sure any fallout from the failure of globalism/neo-liberalism is safely captured. All about keeping people punching down.
I don't think you can describe any party names reform as any sort of revolutionary party, faux or otherwise

Reform now using pictures of dead people in their material.

View attachment 431793

View attachment 431795
Acording to that story the call handler hadn't passed a required language test, but was employed anyway.

Some nuance at least that Refuk will ignore. STill, I can't imagine that would make the relatives feel any better. Underfunded care sector, starved of resources, cutting costs, etc. All fears and concerns that Farage will happily play on

One of the workers had not passed a Secure English Language Test, which is a requirement for a work visa, so was not qualified or permitted to work in the UK.

Someone at work told me they were voting Reform and then someone else said they couldn’t stand Kier Starmer so wouldn’t be voting Labour and might go with Reform.

I’m concerned.

plenty of people are voting reform

anyone who tory who every made a remark about immigration

how happy do you think they are that they have vote for a Brown Tory in an general elections

meant to be helpful in fight against accusations of racism or inclusion

not running the show

My mum said “Farage seems ok”. She’s not the most politically sophisticated voter but even so.
An ex colleague used to say that he likes him because "he's a bit of a laugh". He also believes that "Britain is full", so can definitely see him voting for the party.

My mum said “Farage seems ok”. She’s not the most politically sophisticated voter but even so.
It’s the way that he portrays himself as someone fun to have a pint in a pub with, as he’s often found in a pub with a pint.

People relate to the fact that they have been in a pub and had a pint

It’s the way that he portrays himself as someone fun to have a pint in a pub with, as he’s often found in a pub with a pint.

People relate to the fact that they have been in a pub and had a pint

There's also the self-publicity expertise, and a honed skill for presenting himself as the 'telling it like it is', 'anti-establishment' figure. It's just a British flavour of right wing populism. Dangerous nevertheless.

Tory next election campaign promises ..

concentration camps and the final solution

we must be more conservative

to fight of reform

Back
Top Bottom