Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The New Tories - Ruthlessly Incompetent. Post Examples of Tory Stupidity Here

He's not raising tax. He's raising national insurance. It's all in the semantics.

Just like when they promised no new taxes then introduced an airport levy.
National insurance is a tax you numpty. Also 'its all in the semantics' ironically means very little.

National insurance is a tax you numpty.
They call it National Insurance Contributions not National Taxy Mctaxface.

After researching it it seems that it does everything a tax does and so effectively is a tax but :hmm: it's not called tax.
However did you work that out without tax in the title?
My you are soo clever... just like all the other Boris voters.

There’s also a cut-off for NI at around £50k, above this you only pay 2% (it’s 12% up to this amount). Plus over 65s don’t pay.

Raising taxes on everyone who doesn’t vote for them basically. A blatant fuck you to most of us.

Seriously, the amount of randomers we get through our door (think: people rocking up with a literal CASE full of crystals), librarians would be a welcome change.
Especially in the current climate.

Don’t librarians get paid more than newly qualified care workers ?

Seriously - This is so stupid it has to be made up.

Seriously, the amount of randomers we get through our door (think: people rocking up with a literal CASE full of crystals), librarians would be a welcome change.
Especially in the current climate.
yeah, but what do the library workers feel about it? (they don’t really mean librarians, as most don’t deal with the public face-to-face, and are not known for their bedside manner/people skills).
it’s rather insulting for these people to assume care workers and library workers are interchangeable

almost certainly, though some services pay minimum wage for library workers

Ok. This is fucking crazy then - “I know let’s persuade librarians to wipe bottoms by paying them less”.

They should just be paying people 100 quid to get fully vaxxed.

Tbh seriously though - we are talking about a profession who looks after the oldest and most frail members of society - if they don’t want to get vaxxed - I don’t want them anywhere near care homes.

Alex

At least round here, librarians are employed by the county council, whereas as far as I know care homes are private enterprises, who may or may not get subsidies from the Exchequer via the DHSC. Does "redeployment" work if you're changing the employer?

Despite being on video call Nadhim Zahawi was obviously flustered by his lack of answers to Andrew Marr this morning.

Back
Top Bottom