Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Home Office and UK government policy concerning asylum seekers/Rwanda deportations

I meant to post this the other day, it's so ironic!

Six people from Rwanda have been granted asylum in Britain since the Government signed its deportation deal with the country in 2022, i can reveal.

i analysis of Home Office figures shows that 33 asylum applications have been lodged in the UK on behalf of 51 people from Rwanda since the deal was first announced in April 2022. Of those, six have been granted asylum in the UK.

It includes two men from Rwanda who were offered a grant of protection by the Home Office in 2022, and a woman who received the same in 2023. A further three people from Rwanda were granted asylum in Britain under the UK’s resettlement scheme in 2022 after first trying to lodge an asylum case in Kenya.

If this nonsense ever goes ahead we'll be taking more than that from Rwanda as part of the deal, and you can be sure that Rwanda will send those refugees they deem too difficult (interpret as you see fit), which I'm sure would delight the Daily Mail if it ever admitted this was happening. Utterly bonkers

I meant to post this the other day, it's so ironic!

So, by the 'logic' of this bill, if passed these asylum seekers will have to be returned to Rwanda because the UK government has deemed the country "safe"?

lmao brand rishi. have never heard of it or seen anything about it but on googling it there are a couple of puff pieces from the spectator and tatler talking about how Anthony Horowitz's son, Cass, is a social media genius. these people live in another world.

Back
Top Bottom