Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Home Office and UK government policy concerning asylum seekers/Rwanda deportations

Big if, though, surely?

The judgement wasn't unanimous anyway. Either way she gets to stoke culture war coal; win or lose. How long before the right wing press resurrect their 'Enemy of the state' headline in response? Haven't seen today's Mail but surely
If they win the Supreme Court (and it is possible) then there might be one flight before the GE but I doubt it myself. The last one fell through largely because of legal challenges on behalf of individual passengers, when it got down to the point where there was only going to be one or two people on it, even this lot threw in the towel. To prevent the same thing happening again they will have to make sure all the cases of the passengers aboard have gone through a proper process of being heard, their appeals heard etc otherwise its back to last minute appeals to the court and yet more money basically flushed down the loo and egg on faces. The current asylum process is such a messy badly managed kludge you can bet your last dollar there will be cockups a plenty and some of the passengers will have a hearable case at least.
The incoming Labour Govt isn't going to be any more tolerant than this lot of course but this is just such a fucking shambles it will quietly get dropped I'm sure.

What a complete scumbag Jenrick is:

How fucking twisted do you have to be to paint over children's pictures? Just something that might bring comfort and reassurance to a frightened little one in an alien environment? Why?

He could have just left it. But no.

Performative cruelty. I'm usually cynical as fuck, but this actually made me tearful.

What British 'value' does this uphold? Being a total cunt?

Working alongside Suella it must be rubbing off on him or it's a competition between them as to who comes up with the nastiest instruction for staff

Working alongside Suella it must be rubbing off on him or it's a competition between them as to who comes up with the nastiest instruction for staff

It'll be Cruella's influence for sure. He doesn't come across as being particularly bright or innovative, does he?

I have to be honest that I wasn't sure this was a true story at first tbh. Even the majority of people that favour a harsher line on immigration control would probably not agree with this. Does he really imagine it would buy any votes at all? It does seem like an act of pure pettiness.

Talk of it being investigated as a 'hate crime' is just plain daft. I'm fairly certain that should they raise their £1K they will just get laughed at if they try to go anywhere with it.
Even so I don't think Jenrick realised just how petty this would make him look. His attempts to defend himself rather than just saying sorry aren't helping him either. He is clearly an incredibly self-centred individual with little awareness of the real world.

Talk of it being investigated as a 'hate crime' is just plain daft. I'm fairly certain that should they raise their £1K they will just get laughed at if they try to go anywhere with it.
Even so I don't think Jenrick realised just how petty this would make him look. His attempts to defend himself rather than just saying sorry aren't helping him either. He is clearly an incredibly self-centred individual with little awareness of the real world.
Well, of course. He's a fucking Tory.

Back
Top Bottom