Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Home Office and UK government policy concerning asylum seekers/Rwanda deportations

I have a feeling that isn't official guidance but the consequence of someone just googling "How to tell if someone is over 18"

"The Government’s plan to solve the small boats problem by flying migrants to Rwanda is falling apart, according to Home Secretary Suella Braverman’s own officials who say the “absurd” scheme “might well not materialise” ..."

_131503339_i-newspaper_page1_33410642.jpg

‘It’s a stupid law’: Inside Home Office chaos as Suella Braverman’s Rwanda policy falls apart

Anyone watching the reading of the ruling?

The government's getting a proper kicking! :D :D :D

Judgments sometimes sound one-sided all the way until they pull a stunning reversal on a technicality at the end. I am not sure if they do it for fun or just because lawyers assume that everything they say is followed intently and then interpreted in toto.

But yeah, it’s not sounding good for HMG so far.

E2A: poor timing!

The Court agrees that Rwanda has not been shown to act accordingly or lawfully and that there is a risk of Rwanda not being a safe place for asylum seekers to be moved.

There were a couple of laugh out loud moments there.

When he cited "credible threats by Rwanda's government towards Rwandans abroad [pause] ... to kill them" and "Rwanda's 100% rejection record of refugees" :D

Last edited:
There were a couple of laugh out loud moments there.

When he cited "credible threats by Rwanda's government towards Rwandans abroad ... to kill them" and "Rwanda's 100% rejection record of refugees" :D
Haha, yeah, not exactly 50/50 really.

Back
Top Bottom