Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Gavin Williamson hatred thread

Well he’s definitely coming back into government quite soon. Any odds on when? By the end of next year for sure. Wonder what post? I’d love to have a look at the files he’s got from his days as chief whip. He seems to have a lot of leverage. I reckon he’s got quite a few MP’s on cocaine use in the Commons.

Yes, but to be fair to non-private schools, most dickheads do come from private schools.

I think the number of people from private schools that I know is probably too small for a valid sample, but this isn’t my experience.

I'll defer to the superior knowledge of the urban massive on this, though. Especially those that spent a lot of time having their head flushed down the toilet.

Last edited:
I was wondering why no one in the media had brought up Malcolm Tucker as a comparison to Williamson. Then I realised that despite his methods Tucker was successful at what he did. Jamie, his more rabid lieutenant, might be a better example, although neither were politicians.

I was wondering why no one in the media had brought up Malcolm Tucker as a comparison to Williamson. Then I realised that despite his methods Tucker was successful at what he did. Jamie, his more rabid lieutenant, might be a better example, although neither were politicians.
Tucker also had a bit of carisma and whit. Williamson comes across as a worm. In any normal workplace he'd have been fired or chinned at the Christmas party.

Tucker also had a bit of carisma and whit. Williamson comes across as a worm. In any normal workplace he'd have been fired or chinned at the Christmas party.
I think I heard Yvette Cooper suggesting he'd developed his style from watching too much television drama. Without naming shows, this includes both The Thick of It and House of Cards...

Behind the scenes Williamson might be considered successful at certain things, but those things probably involve dark arts, thumbscrews, knowing where the bodies are buried and various things that would only add to the dossier of his bullying. Stuff that fits neatly with all the previous attempts we've had in this country to discuss the actual tactics of whips, which usually leads to spectacles such as the justifiers of shit attempting to dress up thinly veiled threats as though they were actually acts of pastoral care.

I think the difference has been that most whips, when no longer the whip, stop whipping. He’s never stopped, even down to having that photo taken with an actual whip on his desk. He’s basically been holding the government to ransom for years, which is astonishing. My only hope is that they’ve been planning how to deal with him for some time, and have been inviting him to regular goat wanking parties. With photographers. Otherwise now he’s out he might well start leaking more of what he knows. More likely though they’ve bought him off with the promise of a peerage.

Of course, none of this would be a problem if MPs didn’t keep doing so much stuff that needs keeping secret. But yeah…
(((((goats))))) :( :( :(

Yeah, he’s clearly just activated the “irreproachable boyish charm” shield.

They said the same about cumface, all he had was the party bullshit that he himself was a large part of, it did damage but fuck all in the scheme of things…

Former cabinet minister Sir Gavin Williamson has been told to apologise after an parliamentary inquiry found he had bullied a colleague in texts.
Sir Gavin quit as a minister last year after sending expletive-laden texts to former Tory chief whip Wendy Morton.

The Independent Expert Panel (IEP) has required him to make an apology in the House of Commons and undergo training.
Sir Gavin accepted this decision.

Exactly how much value is there in an apology that's been ordered?

It's like a teacher forcing two kids who are mortal enemies to shake hands.

Back
Top Bottom