Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The end of cash?

Some problems with the wonderful world of cashless transactions ...

This is to do with salary payments though which are usually sent by BACS or FPs. I think a lot of smaller companies do FPs though to keep the money in their account for an extra day.

Not sure paying people in cash is the way forward, there’d be a lot of armed robberies and I doubt many payroll systems have coin analysis reports anymore

Arse.
I actually need some cash this week.
I may have to visit my actual bank in town.

1000000435.jpg

EDIT:-

So I made a detour on my cycle ride - I suddenly felt nervous about skimmers etc, but I was near a pub that traditionally tended to be frequented by off-duty fuzz ...
Unexpectedly for a Sunday it offered me up to £500

Last edited:
To prove your point, to a degree, the cash machine at Booths opposite work runs on Windows so is currently not functioning at all 🙃

Have you tried shopping there? I mean I assume their POS system also runs on something? Maybe they're capable of localised sales when disconnected though. Kind of intrigued, might pop to Tesco in a bit.

Tesco was fine. Also I got magnums.

Probably shouldn't advertise magnums on this hottest of days; buy own brand - Magnum's are overrated, I'm just a tool.

Have you tried shopping there? I mean I assume their POS system also runs on something? Maybe they're capable of localised sales when disconnected though. Kind of intrigued, might pop to Tesco in a bit.
Yeah sainsburys local near me normally can still take chip and pin (but not contactless) when their internets down (actually that's awnsered my own question on the other thread - phew i can still get a sarnie!)

The co-op just sent me an email to say their card payments are down (i don't shop there much but i bought a fridge from them about 7 years ago and still on their spam list).

I went out in a bit of a panic this morning for a physio appointment in next town worried I would need cash and I don't even know my pin number but thankfully all was fine - shop, bus, coffee shop, physio, Tesco. And I have now discovered you can see your pin in the Monzo app anyway. But thankfully I haven't had to resort to exchanging flimsy bits of plastic with pictures of old sausage fingers on them.

I went out in a bit of a panic this morning for a physio appointment in next town worried I would need cash and I don't even know my pin number but thankfully all was fine - shop, bus, coffee shop, physio, Tesco. And I have now discovered you can see your pin in the Monzo app anyway. But thankfully I haven't had to resort to exchanging flimsy bits of plastic with pictures of old sausage fingers on them.

The geeks know what the problem is now (crowdstrike) so it's just a matter of them fixing it. Friday is the worst day for this shit to happen though (unless you want overtime of course).

I've been in 3 shops today now and used card to pay with no problems at any of them. I also withdrew £20 cash from an atm (that i owed someone) with no problem. My banking app has worked fine all day.

Back
Top Bottom