Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

His contempt for the press is more than evident from the exchanges I’ve seen him give to the journos camped outside his house. He mentioned something about the press lying to the public about Brexit or something along those lines as to why he should be bothered about their questions.

Are the press lying to the public, Marty1 ?

It does demonstrate that he's much more than just an 'advisor' though. If he was just that he'd resign or just drop out of public view and advise Johnson by the back door. He's clearly involved with running things, sacking people he doesn't like, telling people in the civil service that they can find the door if they don't like what he's doing. Things that couldn't be hidden if he was to resign or be 'disappeared'.
Bit like Campbell in the Blair days

We have 80 seat majority
We have left the EU
I control Boris
Now let's have a dance, plebs and then you can all just fuck off.

I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me that this would be disproportionate to the effort expended on other random people's breaches where they get a warning or a fine. Depending on what he's said and done, this episode could potentially turn into something more serious like perverting the course of justice, at which point sure, but we haven't seen any evidence of that yet.
PACE 1984 powers are available to the police on this one so they could investigate using the usual range but would have to be proportionate and necessary. If it looks like something the CPS tests would be met for prosecution if proved then I reckon they would have a strong case to use vehicle checks etc. If not then not.

Wonder if he is going to wear shades for the event. Would be mildly amusing if he had been on the beak/ freebase since yesterday's session with bo jo. Sort of comes out as a jittery broken foul mouthed ...

Cummings is playing a bigger and more sinister game than Campbell, though.
Yep. Campbell was a bully, but proud of it and open about it - his power to sack people at No.10 was written into his job description. And he very clearly always served his master, Blair. Cummings thinks he is the master. Johnson clearly thinks Cummings is the master.

I’m quite intrigued as to how this press conference will go - on one hand Boris has defended him to the hilt yet on the other hand there seems to be quite a lot of public outrage - I’m thinking DC will make an apology of some sorts but attempt to hold his ground - a quasi apology if you will.

I suspect this will be the tactic, but it doesn't fly because there's still no answer for why non-infected members of their family couldn't have come to them.

Also the thing about autism was talking about exceptions for going out more than once a day, possibly not adhearing to social distancing as much if it was causing stress. Nothing to do with Covid19 sufferers being able to drive 260 miles to visit 73 YO parents.

And then there's the castle business...

Back
Top Bottom