Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

I reckon he will say he has been driven by the press to reveal his sons illness, and then half the country will be like "that is awful the press and the left are discusting" and the other half will be "but that isnt relevant he is still awful" and the argument will last a week on twitter while he skips away unscathed. At least that is the plan.

I reckon he will say he has been driven by the press to reveal his sons illness, and then half the country will be like "that is awful the press and the left are discusting" and the other half will be "but that isnt relevant he is still awful" and the argument will last a week on twitter while he skips away unscathed. At least that is the plan.

^ That. Depressing state of things. FFS.

At the risk of assuming your meaning, feel it's important to point out autism isn't an illness.

Because sixty thousand people have died (which is almost certainly going to grow by a huge amount).
I really, genuinely, wanted to give the Tories the benefit of doubt, and hoped that they'd stop playing politics, and actually try to save people - and I'm fucking livid (with myself mostly) that the Tories have spent the entire epidemic being Tories.

But what's the alternative?
With hindsight a better political analysis

I suspect this will be the tactic, but it doesn't fly because there's still no answer for why non-infected members of their family couldn't have come to them.

I can't see how a statement from him can possibly help ,even if he trots out a "my son has x" line. The damage has been done way too badly now. It will only makes things worse as the least sympathetic person in gvt employ makes a plea for sympathy. :rolleyes:
It will work for a lot of people. And it isnt meant to work for a lot of other people

I suspect this will be the tactic, but it doesn't fly because there's still no answer for why non-infected members of their family couldn't have come to them.

It won't matter though, some of the criticism will fade away and some of the ire will be redirected to the 'lefty press' for being nasty. It'll get confused and fade away.

Back
Top Bottom