Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

That’s just not going to help them at all though is it. Childcare is the line they’ve chosen not grieving family. And there are plenty of people who missed funerals couldn’t comfort relatives because lockdown. Really just going to make it worse I think.

That’s just not going to help them at all though is it. Childcare is the line they’ve chosen not grieving family. And there are plenty of people who missed funerals couldn’t comfort relatives because of lockdown. Really just going to make it worse I think.

60,000 odd people have lost loved ones and not been able to grieve together as families. They didn't break lockdown. That article also quotes a cousin who lives in London saying they are a small tight-knit family. Not so fucking tight-knit that she could go round and help out then? It's more BS isn't it? More asking us to make an exception of the sadly unexceptional.

But I also don't think it has to be true in order to make sense of what has happened. Johnson allowed Cummings to basically design the Government around himself, and the consequence is that he has become a linchpin of decision making with no peers or rivals. Because Johnson has clear limitations as a leader, the result is that it is very hard to take Cummings out of the equation without risking the government becoming unable to function.

While it's undoubtedly true that Cummings has designed the Cabinet and the path I don't buy the bit in bold. John Major had clear limitations as a leader but with the machine that is in place around all Tory party leaders, and with help from the civil service, he somehow managed to survive and even win an election.

The government still has that machine, an 80 majority, and, crucially at this point, a massive lead in the polls. Thatcher was undone because she was seen to be losing the party and the electorate. She was 14% behind Labour when ousted. Johnson has none of that problem. He can be world King (his favoured term) with or without Cummings. I'm sure he'd prefer it to be with, things would be easier. But it would not be impossible in the current situation to be without Cummings. This is not a government anywhere near falling at this point.

Therefore I'm struggling to move beyond the buried bodies theory at this point.

That’s just not going to help them at all though is it. Childcare is the line they’ve chosen not grieving family. And there are plenty of people who missed funerals couldn’t comfort relatives because lockdown. Really just going to make it worse I think.
I think you're right, considering that there are thousands of grieving families who couldn't grieve with loved ones precisely because of the government's actions.

And is he really saying he couldn't find the right kind of childcare in the biggest city in the UK? Get to fuck.

Are you fucking serious? You actually think what he did was reasonable given the whole fucking country was on lockdown?

For fucks sake..

I think he is mentioning we don't know if the legislation is enforceable due to the amount of caveats it includes. It is particularly badly drafted and to add to the confusion people seem to be quoting an earlier version at times.

I think he is mentioning we don't know if the legislation is enforceable due to the amount of caveats it includes. It is particularly badly drafted and to add to the confusion people seem to be quoting an earlier version at times.
There's been enough people fined under it, one person got a £10k fine for repeatedly breaching, so certainly the police are enforcing it badly written or not.

I'm still a little confused about all this.

So Cummings thought he had the Corona, so went to isolate at his parents house in Durham so they could look after his kid?

Whilst there they all had a lovely day trip to a castle?

Or did he drop the kid off then pick them up later?

Either way isn't visiting your (presumably) elderly parents when you have Corona a shockingly dangerous thing to do to kitchen parents, regardless of the law?

I'm assuming that if Cummings/Johnson continue to call out the OB as liars a simple phone location check could resolve the dispute? Isn't that what the OB do?

surely they would have fired the gun 1 second after the conference earlier this evening.
When my daughter and her boyfriend went to New York a couple of years ago, they encountered a guy in their hotel who insisted she was an actress from an American TV show, I have to admit there is some resemblance but it wouldn't fool anyone who might actually know either of them (like me) for a second. But apparently the guy just wouldn't believe my daughter that she wasn't who he thought she was.
Unless Mr Lees actually knows Cummings and knows him well (and perhaps he does maybe he used to be Dom's teacher and always thought he was a little shit) then his eyewitness sighting isn't worth anything. Cummings car on the other hand is a different matter altogether, Cars are uniquely identifiable if you can read the number plate. If the Plod can find CCTV or dashcam footage with Cummings car on it then the cunt is as they say "Bang to rights"

Back
Top Bottom