Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

Wait.... tim. you're a fucking motherfucking cunt.

Sorry tim, that was out of order. I'm sure you're a perfectly lovely little chap with a lot to offer the community. Which is why I've not even noticed you since I've been here x
fuck knows why you are doing this, you cant really be this daft, can you? two seconds googling:

plus all the ones where he is being deliberately 'provocative' to wind black people up

I hate to raise the 'some of my best friends are black' line of defence. But er, some of his are. According to my limited research on google he counts Ian Wright, Chris Gayle, Brian Lara, fuck even the late Nelson Mandela amongst close friends. I'm finished with this debate now as a) it's derailing a thread about someone we can surely all agree is an actual cunt and b) I can't be arsed.

It is getting to something when you can't call someone a cunt on Urban.
Once is usually fine, but three 'cunty' posts in a row, each one becoming more insulting than the previous one really isn't acceptable in a current news thread.

The FAQ covers it:

Over the top swearing, endless personal attacks and needlessly disruptive conduct is not permitted

Getting back to timing and realisation of the spread of Covid-19 in the UK. My wife and I are 72 and both have compromised immune systems (earlier chemo). Watching things unfold in the early days, we made the decision to go into full lockdown ....... on 3rd March. I cannot honestly put my finger on a specific reason why, but total distrust of Bojo will have been a primary reason. I have no direct experience in risk assessment or epidemiology, but something tipped the balance for me. Anyone else had the premonition as early as that?

Getting back to timing and realisation of the spread of Covid-19 in the UK. My wife and I are 72 and both have compromised immune systems (earlier chemo). Watching things unfold in the early days, we made the decision to go into full lockdown ....... on 3rd March. I cannot honestly put my finger on a specific reason why, but total distrust of Bojo will have been a primary reason. I have no direct experience in risk assessment or epidemiology, but something tipped the balance for me. Anyone else had the premonition as early as that?

My mother in law, 79 this Thursday has not left her house or garden since mid-February. She has dodgy lungs and is very unfit, she was not sent the text or anything, just saw that it was wiping out old, unfit people, especially those with less than decent lungs.

Neither of us have received the letter and, speaking by phone on another matter to our GP two weeks ago, he expressed surprise. There appears to have been no procedure except a vague edict from on high that promised further detail that never came.

Neither of us have received the letter and, speaking by phone on another matter to our GP two weeks ago, he expressed surprise. There appears to have been no procedure except a vague edict from on high that promised further detail that never came.
The GPs were responsible for issuing a lot of the letters, to those who weren't in the 100% no question at-risk groups - it seems to have been rolled out imperfectly though - My partner is shielding and was only sent the letter after her GP called her to check she was doing alright and she asked the GP about it...

Can't beat that...something like the 23rd for myself & Mrs B (brittle asthma)...but remember at the time having similar views of complete distrust when they said everything was OK and feel the same now. Fucked if we're changing our ways until there's shit loads more evidence of this thing being beat.

You may be interested to hear that 3rd March was also the first time Johnson actually bothered to attend a cobra meeting about the pandemic. I think he also gave a briefing where he went on about shaking peoples hands at a hospital. We were a couple of days away from hearing an announcement of the first death, but a few hospital coronavirus patient deaths actually happened on the 3rd.

I congratulate you on your timing. There was a lot of news and other clues by that point but many people didnt manage to respond appropriately to them quickly enough. I sometimes get too much credit on this forum for warning people, when actually a lot of the time I was trying to be reasonable and measured and I was describing what would happen and what the government would try to do, rather than what we should have been doing ideally. I suppose I did tip people off that what was happening in Italy was big bad news with implications, around Feb 22nd, and within days the news had far more of horrific note to report from Italy. So the mood in general had changed by late February.

Not quite as fast as you, but I closed our surgery office down on (I think) 12th. Two days later, one of the GPs contracted Covid-19, and the whole place had to be shut down and deep-cleaned. I don't believe it has opened since :eek:

You may be interested to hear that 3rd March was also the first time Johnson actually bothered to attend a cobra meeting about the pandemic. I think he also gave a briefing where he went on about shaking peoples hands at a hospital. We were a couple of days away from hearing an announcement of the first death, but a few hospital coronavirus patient deaths actually happened on the 3rd.

I congratulate you on your timing. There was a lot of news and other clues by that point but many people didnt manage to respond appropriately to them quickly enough. I sometimes get too much credit on this forum for warning people, when actually a lot of the time I was trying to be reasonable and measured and I was describing what would happen and what the government would try to do, rather than what we should have been doing ideally. I suppose I did tip people off that what was happening in Italy was big bad news with implications, around Feb 22nd, and within days the news had far more of horrific note to report from Italy. So the mood in general had changed by late February.
Maybe i reacted to the 'shaking hands with patients'. The same day, a component supplier of mine in north west Italy emailed to say he was ceasing shipments until their pandemic was over. I just read my emails for the date in question.

Back
Top Bottom