Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Dominic Cummings file

The HIGNFY ep is now up on Iplayer and it's a pretty good summary of everything we've been saying, plus a couple of good funny lines and points we haven't brought up. Worth a watch. Always fun to see Hislop angry, too.

Janet Street Porter was annoying but that just made it seem more like a real conversation.

It’s a load of baloney because you’ve never heard of it?

The following statement was made by Brittany Kaiser to the culture committee

I’m sorry if you don’t understand the principle of the statement, or the notion that a software engineered methodology doesn’t necessarily have a name and can’t be bought because it’s software for in house use by a company only, very much like the software I used to work in which was used for data migrations between databases didn’t have a name and was only used by the company I worked for. But please don’t dismiss things as “baloney” because you don’t understand it, it’s childish and adds nothing. In future please go and read about what you’re responding to first, before dismissing it with bluster because it doesn’t agree with your sensibilities, I don’t really care about your opinion on whether you think it’s made up, the information is readily and widely available and are a matter of public record.

Oh get over yourself. How about answering my questions instead of lecturing me like some condescending headteacher?

The above's a brilliant thing :cool:, but I think people properly have to know the story of the slogan to avoid seeing that cup as an anti-Civil Service thing :hmm: rather than an anti-Dominic Cummings/anti-Boris Johnson thing .... :hmm:

I'm a v. poorly paid (albeit with good terms and conditions :oops: ) CS who's a PCS member and a Tory Government, erm, 'critic' ;)

I'll do my best not to twist the truth when I do go back though .... :eek:

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is aiming to take “direct control” of the government’s handling of the coronavirus outbreak in a Downing Street shake-up, the Telegraph reported late on Tuesday.
Which kind of begs an obvious question.....

Reuters and Politics Home picking the story up.
The move will see two centrally run committees, covering strategy and operational delivery, shaping the British government’s approach to the outbreak (Reuters)
Guess those deckchairs won't rearrange themselves.
The shake-up could also weaken the influence of the prime minister’s top adviser, Dominic Cummings, whose long road trip at the height of the COVID-19 lockdown provoked outrage across Britain, The Telegraph reported.(Reuters)
Out of sight out of mind presumably.

The above's a brilliant thing :cool:, but I think people properly have to know the story of the slogan to avoid seeing that cup as an anti-Civil Service thing :hmm: rather than an anti-Dominic Cummings/anti-Boris Johnson thing .... :hmm:

I'm a v. poorly paid (albeit with good terms and conditions :oops: ) CS who's a PCS member and a Tory Government, erm, 'critic' ;)

I'll do my best not to twist the truth when I do go back though .... :eek:
I think most on here would do, how it’s a quote originally thrown at we ( me to) Civil Servants as part of the Goerbelsek plot by this clique to destroy any opposition to their wet dreams. But was thrown back in their faces by someone who saw an opportunity and took it.

The HIGNFY ep is now up on Iplayer and it's a pretty good summary of everything we've been saying, plus a couple of good funny lines and points we haven't brought up. Worth a watch. Always fun to see Hislop angry, too.

It was quite good, but I can't get over the fact that HIGNFY gave BJ a fair bit of help in building his brand, what with his many guest presenter appearances and so on.

It was quite good, but I can't get over the fact that HIGNFY gave BJ a fair bit of help in building his brand, what with his many guest presenter appearances and so on.
I wonder if some of the talent's ire was about that - I would imagine that the likes of Hislop would have seen the parachuting of Johnson into these media-friendly appearances for precisely what it was, and resented it at the time. Now he's got some well-cooled revenge he's been able to dish out.

They can't possibly have imagined he was PM material. Which he obviously isn't!

Maybe they didn't imagine he was capable of being PM (which he isn't, of course), but they couldn't have failed to spot his ambitions and they must surely have realised that giving him a platform like that was helping him to further them.

Just googled him for more recent news and two things astonished me - Google describe him as a political leader and he is 48 years old. Fucking hell. I would say he must have had a tough paper round but after seeing Pater on telly last week, I think not. Must be all that swan meat, chateaux margaux and caviar

Just googled him for more recent news and two things astonished me - Google describe him as a political leader and he is 48 years old. Fucking hell. I would say he must have had a tough paper round but after seeing Pater on telly last week, I think not. Must be all that swan meat, chateaux margaux and caviar
'Political leader'?:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom